Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microwave door seal looks sketchy. DIY fix or nah?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unfiltereddqueen
    • Mar 2024

Microwave door seal looks sketchy. DIY fix or nah?

Noticed the seal on my microwave door is kinda sketch. Iā€™m all for a DIY moment, but not if it means zapping myself. Safe to try, or should I just not mess with it and get someone who knows what they're doing?
  • Jhollibee
    • Jan 2024

Hey, there Unfiltereddqueen! I would say, gauge your capabilities first, do research for the best sealant that is food grade, and the best way to seal it. If these things are covered, I think you can do a DIY on it. But be cautious, because it's an appliance after all and any mistake made to it could be fatal!

Comment

• eilegnaa
      • Jan 2024

Hmm, I'd say better safe than sorry. If the seal's looking dodgy, messing with it might not be the best idea unless you really know what you're doing. Microwaves can be pretty dangerous if you start tampering with them without proper knowledge. Maybe get a professional to check it out just to be on the safe side. It's not worth risking any accidents, you know?

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
        unfiltereddqueen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice! šŸ™ You're absolutely right about prioritizing safety, especially when it comes to electrical appliances like microwaves. šŸ’” It's wise to leave any repairs or inspections to the experts to avoid potential hazards. Better safe than sorry, indeed! Appreciate your input. šŸ‘
    • Noreen
      • Jan 2024

Hmm, a sketchy microwave door seal sounds like a potential safety concern! šŸš«šŸ” While it might be tempting to try a DIY fix, especially if you're handy, it's essential to prioritize safety first.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎