Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best practices for preventing frozen pipes during winter months?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duedith C.
    • Jan 2024

Best practices for preventing frozen pipes during winter months?

With winter approaching, I'm concerned about the possibility of frozen pipes in my home. What are some best practices for preventing frozen pipes, and what should I do if I suspect my pipes are frozen?
  • Buttercup
    • Jan 2024

Hi! In my experience, one of the best practices for preventing frozen pipes during winter is to insulate exposed pipes. I ensure that pipes located in unheated areas, like basement or attic are properly insulated using pipe insulation sleeves or heat tape. This simple step helps retain heat and minimize the risk of pipes freezing in cold temperatures.

Comment

• Black_Angel
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Buttercup
      Hi! In my experience, one of the best practices for preventing frozen pipes during winter is to insulate exposed pipes. I ensure that pipes located in unheated areas, like basement or attic are properly insulated using pipe insulation sleeves or heat tape. This simple step helps retain heat and minimize the risk of pipes freezing in cold temperatures.
      Hi! I totally agree with you—insulating exposed pipes is such a smart move. I’ve done the same in my basement and attic with insulation sleeves and heat tape, and it’s made a big difference. It’s a simple and effective way to keep the pipes from freezing. Great tip!​

Comment

• Trax
        • Mar 2024

Keep your home warm and let faucets drip slightly during freezing temperatures to prevent pressure buildup in the pipes. It’s also a good idea to insulate exposed pipes and keep cabinet doors open to allow warm air to circulate around plumbing.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎