Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murky
    • Jan 2024

Choosing the Right Pipe Material for Plumbing

I'm planning a plumbing project and am overwhelmed by the pipe material options. What are the pros and cons of materials like copper, PEX, and PVC? Any helpful suggestions based on your experiences?
  • eilegnaa
    • Jan 2024

Hey there! I've tackled a few plumbing projects, and I get the struggle with choosing pipe materials. Here's a quick rundown:

Copper: Pros - Durable, lasts forever, corrosion-resistant, can handle high temps. Cons - Pricey, can corrode if water's too acidic, needs soldering skills.

PEX: Pros - Flexible, cheaper than copper, easy to install (no soldering), resistant to scale and chlorine. Cons - Can't expose it to sunlight for long, not great for outdoor use.

PVC: Pros - Super affordable, easy to work with, doesn't corrode, great for drain lines. Cons - Not for hot water, can get brittle over time, not as durable as copper.

I usually go for PEX for most projects - it's a nice balance of cost and performance. But it really depends on your specific needs and budget. Good luck with your plumbing gig! 🚿💪

Comment

• bryanjay1999
      • Jan 2024

In my experience, copper is durable but pricey, PEX is flexible and budget-friendly, while PVC is affordable but better for non-hot water projects—consider your budget and project needs before diving in! 💧🔧

Comment

• chittafru1t
        • Jan 2024

Picking the right plumbing pipe? Consider factors like material, size, and purpose. Copper for durability, PEX for flexibility. Check local codes too!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎