Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prevent falls at home for kids & elders: How to ensure safety indoors for all ages?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahito
    • Jan 2024

Prevent falls at home for kids & elders: How to ensure safety indoors for all ages?

In what areas of the home do you find falls most commonly occur, and how do you address these risks?
  • Prel
    • Jan 2024

Oh, falls at home? 🏠 For me, it's mostly in the dang kitchen! Those slippery floors and all. I got these rubber mats everywhere now, helps a bit. And don't get me started on them stairs! Got some grips on there, but still worry about my old mama takin' a tumble. Gotta stay vigilant, ya know? 🧐

Comment

• Mahito
      Mahito commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh, thank you for your suggestion.
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

Watch out for slip 'n' slide zones like bathrooms and kitchens! Add non-slip mats and grab bars to keep those slippery surfaces in check.
    It's like turning your home into a slip-free zone, one grip at a time!

Comment

• awzome404
      • Jan 2024

In my experience, falls often happen near stairs, in the bathroom, and around furniture with sharp edges. To address these risks, I've installed safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs, added non-slip mats in the bathroom, and cushioned sharp corners with corner guards. Regularly checking for potential hazards and making necessary adjustments has been crucial in ensuring safety indoors for both kids and elders.

Comment

• FebruaryNine
        • Jan 2024

Hey! Safety first! 🚸 To prevent falls at home for both kids and elders, focus on areas like stairs, bathrooms, and slippery floors. Install handrails, secure rugs with grips, and use non-slip mats in the shower. Keep walkways clear and well-lit, and consider adding nightlights for extra visibility at night. Creating a safe environment ensures peace of mind for everyone! 🏑✨

Comment

• Marcussi
          • Mar 2024

Wazzup Its Marcussi, Yo, so like, falls at home? Major vibe killers, especially for kids & elders 🏑πŸ’₯. Most common spots gotta be the stairs, gotta make 'em non-slip πŸ‘Ÿ. Bathrooms, dude, gotta install grab bars 🚿. And don't sleep on rugs, gotta secure those bad boys ⬇️. Safety first, homies! ✌️😎 #HomeImprovementVibes

​

Comment

• sukuna_ace
            • Jan 2024

Install safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs to prevent toddlers from accessing them unsupervised. Also, cover electrical outlets, secure heavy furniture to the wall to prevent tipping, and use door stoppers to prevent finger injuries.πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜β€‹

Comment

• fab_charms
              • Jan 2024

Hey everyone! Falls at home can be a real concern, especially for kids and elders. From what I've seen, the most common areas for falls are stairs, bathrooms, and slippery floors like in the kitchen or entryway. To address these risks, I've taken some simple steps like installing handrails on stairs and in the bathroom, using non-slip mats in the shower and by the sink, and making sure rugs are secured with rug tape or non-slip pads. It's also important to keep walkways clear of clutter and make sure lighting is good, especially in hallways and staircases. Little changes can make a big difference in keeping everyone safe at home! πŸ‘πŸ‘΅πŸ‘Άβ€‹

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎