Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Stubborn Wallpaper: Tips and Tricks Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heavensent
    • Apr 2024

Removing Stubborn Wallpaper: Tips and Tricks Wanted!

I'm renovating a room and struggling to remove old wallpaper without damaging the walls. Any tips, favorite tools, or DIY methods you've found effective for tackling stubborn wallpaper?
  • Ui Ui
    • Apr 2024

Hey there! 🌟 I've had luck with scoring the wallpaper first, then soaking it with a mix of warm water and fabric softener using a spray bottle, and finally scraping it off with a putty knife—works like a charm! 🛠️ Just be patient and don’t rush it to avoid wall damage. 😊

Comment

• Buttercup
      • Jan 2024

When I tackled stubborn wallpaper, I found using a wallpaper steamer really helpful. It loosens the adhesive without damaging the walls. Good luck with your renovation!😊

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
        • Mar 2024

Hey there! Dealing with stubborn wallpaper can be a pain, but here are some tips that might help 🎨:
        1. Score and Soak: Use a wallpaper scorer to create tiny holes, then soak the wallpaper with a mixture of hot water and wallpaper remover.
        2. Patience is Key: Let the solution soak in for at least 15 minutes to loosen the adhesive before attempting to peel it off.
        3. Scraping Technique: Use a wallpaper scraper at a 45-degree angle to gently lift the paper from the wall, working from the edges towards the center.
        4. Repeat if Necessary: Sometimes you'll need to repeat the soaking and scraping process, especially for multiple layers or extra stubborn wallpaper.

Hope these help! 🌟 Let me know how it goes or if you need more tips

Comment

• Mui Mui
          • Apr 2024

For stubborn wallpaper, try steaming it with a wallpaper steamer or using a mix of vinegar and water to loosen it up before peeling—sometimes a little patience and elbow grease do the trick! 🧼💪

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎