Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone successfully removed old ceramic tile without damaging the subfloor? 🤔

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

Has anyone successfully removed old ceramic tile without damaging the subfloor? 🤔

Need advice on successfully removing old ceramic tiles without causing damage to the subfloor.
    Any recommended tools or techniques for a smooth and hassle-free removal process?
  • Buttercup
    • Jan 2024

Successfully removing old ceramic tiles without playing rough with the subfloor is like a delicate dance. Start with a sprinkle of patience, add a dash of gentle prying with a putty knife, and voilà – it's a floor makeover without the drama. Friendly tip: take your time and approach the removal process with a gentle touch.🥰

Comment

• eilegnaa
      • Jan 2024

Hey there! Yeah, I've had to tackle that job before. It can be a pain, but it's doable! First off, you'll wanna make sure you're careful not to wreck the subfloor 'cause that's a whole other headache you don't want.

A good ol' hammer and chisel are gonna be your best friends here. Just gotta be patient and chip away at the tiles slowly. Some folks swear by using a heat gun or a tile scraper to soften up the adhesive, but I've found that the hammer and chisel method works just fine for me.

Oh, and make sure you're wearing some sturdy gloves and eye protection 'cause those ceramic bits can go flying. And don't forget to prep the area first, like removing any furniture and stuff.

Once you've got all the tiles up, you might still have some adhesive stuck to the subfloor. A floor scraper or a putty knife should help with that. And if there are any stubborn bits left, you can try using some adhesive remover.

Good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

• harisen1116
        • Jan 2024

Hey, tackling old ceramic tile removal can definitely be a chore, but it's all about taking it step by step. I've found that using a hammer and chisel, like you mentioned, is a reliable method, especially when approached with patience. Another tip I've picked up is to start from the edges and work inward, gradually loosening each tile to minimize the risk of damaging the subfloor.

And don't forget to check for any stubborn adhesive residue afterward – a good adhesive remover can work wonders!

Wishing you smooth sailing with your project! 😊

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎