Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I repair cracked tiles without replacing the entire floor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAYT CHING
    • Jan 2024

How do I repair cracked tiles without replacing the entire floor?

Hey friends! I recently noticed a few cracked tiles in my bathroom, and I'm not sure how to fix them. Is there a way to repair cracked tiles without having to replace the entire floor? Any DIY methods or recommended professionals for the job?​
  • aeri.wish
    • Jan 2024

Depends on the crack size! πŸ˜‰ For small hairline cracks, you can totally DIY it with some epoxy resin. Just gotta find a color match and follow the instructions. Bigger cracks might need a pro though. I wouldn't mess with anything huge myself! πŸ˜β€‹

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice, thanks! I'll definitely give epoxy resin a shot for the small cracks and leave the big ones to the pros.
  • Black_Angel
    • Apr 2024

Hii! You can use a small hand-held rotary tool with a diamond bit to carefully grind out the cracked portion of the tile. Once the crack is removed, you can fill it in with a matching colored epoxy or grout

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! Thanks for the tip! I'll try the rotary tool and epoxy trick to fix the crack. Sounds like a fun DIY project!
  • Chocomucho
    • Mar 2024

Clean the Tile: Make sure the cracked tile and surrounding area are clean and dry. Use Epoxy: Get some two-part epoxy from a hardware store. Mix it according to the instructions and apply it to the crack with a toothpick or small tool. Fill the crack completely. Smooth It: Use a putty knife to smooth the epoxy so it’s level with the tile surface.​

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      Hiii! Thanks for the detailed steps! I'll make sure to clean the tile first and then carefully apply the epoxy to fill and smooth the crack.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎