Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY vs Professional Installation: Which is better for tiling projects?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZenZephyr
    • May 2024

DIY vs Professional Installation: Which is better for tiling projects?

Hi there! I'm planning to tile my kitchen backsplash and wondering if I should tackle it myself or hire a professional. DIY sounds appealing for cost savings, but I'm worried about making mistakes. Those who've done it themselves, any tips or horror stories to share?โ€‹
  • zai430
    • Jan 2024

DIY backsplash? Saved $ but took forever & cutting around outlets was a pain ๐Ÿ˜ช If you're new to DIY, maybe hire a pro. But doable if you're handy & patient! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• ZenZephyr
      ZenZephyr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip! sounds like a real adventure, but totally worth it if you're up for the challenge!
  • Zariyah
    • Apr 2024

Hi there! I recently tiled my kitchen backsplash myself, and it was quite the project. If you enjoy hands-on work and are comfortable following detailed instructions, DIY can be a great way to save money and get that sense of accomplishment. I recommend starting with plenty of prep work, like measuring accurately and watching several tutorial videos. My tip is to practice on a small area first to build your confidence๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

• ZenZephyr
      ZenZephyr commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like a rewarding project! Prep work and practice definitely seem like the keys to success. Thanks for sharing your tip!
  • Chocomucho
    • Mar 2024

Research: Watch a lot of YouTube tutorials and read guides. This helped me feel more confident. Plan: Measure everything carefully and plan your tile layout before you start. Tools: Invest in good tools. A quality tile cutter makes a huge difference. Practice: If possible, practice on a small area first or use scrap tiles to get the hang of it.โ€‹

Comment

• ZenZephyr
      ZenZephyr commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice! Watching tutorials, measuring carefully, investing in good tools, and practicing beforehand can really boost confidence and make the whole process smoother. Thanks for sharing your insights!
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎