Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sentimental stuff: How to declutter sentimental items without feeling guilty? 💌😢

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyacinth
    • Apr 2024

Sentimental stuff: How to declutter sentimental items without feeling guilty? 💌😢

Finding it hard to let go of sentimental items but also craving a clutter-free home? Let's discuss strategies for decluttering sentimental possessions, preserving memories, and finding balance between keepsakes and clutter.
  • BossDPM
    • Mar 2024

I believe involving loved ones can help. 😊 They may offer perspective or share the sentiment, making it easier to let go.​

Comment

• Katiee
      • Jan 2024

Hey there! It's tough to say goodbye to sentimental items, especially when they're tied to cherished memories. But trust me, you're not alone in this struggle! One strategy that's helped me is to take it slow and steady. Start small by tackling one area at a time, like a closet or a shelf. Sort through your items and ask yourself, "Does this item truly bring me joy or serve a purpose in my life right now?" If the answer is yes, then by all means, keep it! But if you find yourself hesitating or feeling guilty about letting something go, try taking a photo of it instead. That way, you can still hold onto the memory without holding onto the physical clutter.

Comment

• 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
        • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Katiee
        Hey there! It's tough to say goodbye to sentimental items, especially when they're tied to cherished memories. But trust me, you're not alone in this struggle! One strategy that's helped me is to take it slow and steady. Start small by tackling one area at a time, like a closet or a shelf. Sort through your items and ask yourself, "Does this item truly bring me joy or serve a purpose in my life right now?" If the answer is yes, then by all means, keep it! But if you find yourself hesitating or feeling guilty about letting something go, try taking a photo of it instead. That way, you can still hold onto the memory without holding onto the physical clutter.
        Absolutely! That sounds like a great approach to decluttering. Taking it one step at a time and preserving memories through photos is such a thoughtful idea.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎