Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Non-Slip Solutions for Elders? Slippery Floors Be Gone!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yankee
    • Jan 2024

Best Non-Slip Solutions for Elders? Slippery Floors Be Gone!

Hi guys!, So, my house is basically a slip-n-slide for anyone over 65. Anyone got the inside scoop on the best non-slip solutions that don't look like a gym mat had a baby with a bathmat?
  • bingling9
    • Mar 2024

You should make your floor to a non-slip floor coatings. There are non-slip floor coatings available that can be applied to various types of flooring, including tile, hardwood, and concrete. These coatings create a textured surface that improves traction without altering the appearance of your floors. 😉😉​

Comment

• Yankee
      Yankee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely look into non-slip floor coatings.
  • Daia
    • Jan 2024

For elders dealing with slippery floors, effective non-slip solutions include installing non-slip mats or rugs, using adhesive strips or decals designed for traction, applying non-slip coatings to the floor surface, and ensuring proper footwear with rubber soles for better grip. Additionally, keeping floors dry and clutter-free can significantly reduce the risk of slips and falls.

Comment

• Yankee
      Yankee commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the idea of adhesive strips or decals for discreet traction. Do you have any specific brands or products you'd recommend for those?
  • Migeemee19
    • Jan 2024

When it comes to making my house safe for the older folks without sacrificing style, cork flooring is where it's at. It's got that natural grip to keep everyone steady, comes in some seriously cool patterns and colors - perfect for my vibe, you know? Plus, it's durable as heck and eco-friendly. Cork flooring: keeping my place safe and looking sharp.

Comment

• Yankee
      Yankee commented
      Editing a comment
      Cork flooring sounds intriguing! I never considered it as a non-slip option before. Do you have any personal experience with it?
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎