Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeri.wish
    • Jan 2024

Best practices for water heater usage to save energy? 🚿πŸ”₯

Does anyone have tips on optimizing water heater settings or habits to cut down on electricity or gas usage? πŸ’¦ I feel like mine is always running and driving up my bill! πŸ’Έ
  • bryanjay1999
    • Jan 2024

Originally posted by aeri.wish
    Does anyone have tips on optimizing water heater settings or habits to cut down on electricity or gas usage? πŸ’¦ I feel like mine is always running and driving up my bill! πŸ’Έ
    adjusting your water heater temperature and being mindful of shower duration are simple yet effective ways to save energy and money. πŸ’‘πŸ’°

Comment

• Trax
      • Mar 2024

Same here! My water heater seems like a bottomless pit for energy. I lowered the temperature a bit (who needs scalding hot showers anyway?) and that seemed to help a little. Also read about wrapping the tank in an insulation blanket - might give that a try! Anyone else have tricks to share?

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
        • Mar 2024

Hey, saving energy while keeping those showers steamy? Count me in! πŸšΏπŸ’¨ Here are some top tips for maximizing your water heater's efficiency: First off, dial down the thermostat to around 120Β°F - still toasty enough for showers but not overheating your bills! πŸ’‘ Next, insulate your tank and pipes to keep that precious heat from escaping. And speaking of heat, consider a tankless water heater if you're due for an upgrade - they only heat water as you need it, saving both energy and space. Lastly, fix any leaks pronto - those drips add up! With these tricks, you'll be saving energy and money without sacrificing comfort. πŸ”₯

Comment

• youngoldone23
          • Jan 2024

To save energy with your water heater, consider lowering the thermostat to 120Β°F (49Β°C) to reduce energy consumption while still maintaining comfortable water temperatures. Additionally, insulate your water heater and hot water pipes to minimize heat loss, and try using low-flow fixtures and taking shorter showers to reduce water usage. These practices can help lower your energy bills and lessen your environmental impact! 🚿πŸ”₯πŸ’‘

​

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎