Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatJones
    • Jan 2024

Managing arthritis in senior dogs - looking for comfort tips

My beloved dog has been showing signs of arthritis, and I want to make her golden years as comfortable as possible. Would love to hear what works for you in terms of beds, supplements, or exercises.
  • eilegna
    • Jan 2024

Hey there! 🐾 So sorry to hear about your pup's arthritis, but kudos to you for wanting to make her comfortable! I've found that investing in a good orthopedic bed really helps with joint support and relieving pressure points. As for supplements, glucosamine and chondroitin can work wonders for joint health. And gentle exercises like short walks or swimming can keep those joints moving without causing too much strain. Sending healing vibes to your furry friend! πŸΆπŸ’•

Comment

• Daia
      • Jan 2024

Provide a cozy bed with orthopedic support, maintain a warm environment, consider joint supplements, and engage in low-impact exercises like short walks or gentle play to help manage arthritis in senior dogs. Consult your vet for tailored advice. 🐢🦴

Comment

• Marich
        • Jan 2024

Arthritis in dogs can be tough. My vet recommended a heated bed for my old pooch, and she loves it! It eases her joints and helps her relax. I also give her fish oil supplements for her joints, seems to make a difference. Sending good vibes to you and your furry friend! 🐢❀️

Comment

• gratefulheart
          • Jan 2024

Aw, I understand how important it is to ensure our furry friends are happy and comfortable as they age. For arthritis, consider investing in an orthopedic bed to provide extra support for achy joints. Supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin can help with joint health, and gentle exercises like short walks or swimming can keep your pup mobile without putting too much strain on their joints. Don't forget plenty of love and cuddles! 🐾❀️

Comment

• FebruaryNine
            • Jan 2024

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your pup's arthritis, but it's wonderful that you're looking out for her comfort! There are definitely some things you can try to help ease her symptoms. When it comes to beds, investing in an orthopedic or memory foam bed can really make a difference. These beds provide extra support and cushioning for achy joints. As for supplements, glucosamine and chondroitin are popular choices for joint health in dogs and can help reduce inflammation and promote cartilage repair. Fish oil supplements containing omega-3 fatty acids can also be beneficial for overall joint health. And don't forget about gentle exercises! Low-impact activities like swimming or short walks can help keep your dog's joints moving without putting too much strain on them. Just be sure to consult with your vet before starting any new supplements or exercise routines to make sure they're appropriate for your pup's specific needs. Here's to many more comfortable and happy years with your furry friend!🐢😊

Comment

• Marcussi
              • Mar 2024

Aw, I'm really sorry to hear about your pup's arthritis. It's tough seeing our furry friends in pain, isn't it? For beds, memory foam ones are like a dream for joint support. Glucosamine supplements can really work wonders too, keeping those joints moving smoothly! And gentle exercises like short walks or swimming can keep those muscles strong. Hope these tips help your furry friend feel more comfy! πŸ’•

Comment

• LightRenz
                • Jan 2024

Hi, during colder weather, ensuring your beloved dog stays warm is particularly important, especially when dealing with arthritis. Offering additional warmth, such as providing cozy blankets or investing in heated beds, can bring a sense of comfort to those achy joints, making your furry friend's golden years as snug and cozy as possible

Comment

• fab_charms
                  • Jan 2024

So sorry to hear about your dog's arthritis. It's tough seeing our furry friends in pain. One thing that's helped my senior dog is getting her an orthopedic bed - it provides extra support for her joints and helps her sleep more comfortably. I've also started giving her glucosamine supplements, which seem to help with her mobility. As for exercises, gentle walks and swimming are great low-impact activities that can help keep her muscles strong without putting too much strain on her joints. And don't forget about keeping her at a healthy weight - extra pounds can worsen arthritis pain, so make sure she's getting the right amount of food and exercise. Wishing your pup lots of comfort and relief!

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
                    • Mar 2024

What's up! PatJones​, Managing arthritis in senior dogs is all about keeping them comfy and cozy. πŸΎπŸ’€ Investing in a supportive bed with memory foam can really help ease their joints. And consider adding non-slip rugs or mats to prevent slips and falls, especially on slippery floors. Plus, gentle exercises like short walks or swimming can keep their muscles strong without putting too much strain on their joints. Don't forget lots of love and cuddles - it's the best medicine! ❀️🐢

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎