Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DonCatter
    • Apr 2024

What should I do if I find an injured bird? 🐤🩹

I came across an injured bird in my yard and I'm not sure what to do. Should I try to help it myself or call a professional? Any immediate care tips would be appreciated.
  • Tusk
    • Apr 2024

Gently place the injured bird in a small, quiet box lined with a soft cloth, and keep it in a warm, dark place while you contact a local wildlife rehabilitator for help. Avoid handling the bird too much to reduce stress, and make sure not to attempt any medical treatment yourself.

Comment

• Beatmaster
      • Mar 2024

If you find an injured bird, the first thing to do is make sure it’s safe from any immediate dangers, like predators or traffic. Gently place it in a small box with some soft material, like a towel, and keep it in a quiet, warm place. Avoid giving it food or water unless you know exactly what it needs.

Comment

• Yankee
        • Jan 2024

I think it's important to avoid giving food or water right away. Birds have specific needs, and improper care can harm them more than help.

Comment

• Alfredn
          • Jan 2024

Unless you have a tiny bird-sized ambulance on hand, calling a professional might save you from becoming its unlicensed vet!

Comment

• Mui Mui
            • Apr 2024

If you find an injured bird, it’s best to call a local wildlife rehabber for help, but you can keep it safe by gently placing it in a box lined with a soft cloth, away from pets and loud noises—good luck! 🐦💖

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎