Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahito
    • Jan 2024

Cat Harness Training: Success Stories and Tips?🐈

Hello cat lovers!🐾 I've decided to leash-train my feline friend, but she's not too thrilled about the idea. Any success stories or tips on making the cat harness training experience positive and enjoyable for both of us?πŸ€”
    Last edited by Mahito; 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM.
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

OK... Picture this: You've got your kitty, ready to strut their stuff in the great outdoors like the cool cat they are.
    First tip: Start slow, like sloth-in-a-snail-race slow. Cats aren't exactly known for their love of leashes, so patience is key.
    Treats are your secret weapon hereβ€”bribe, I mean, motivate your kitty with tasty snacks to associate the harness with good times.
    And when they finally take their first steps outside, it's like watching a tiny lion conquer the concrete jungle!​

Comment

• eilegnaa
      • Jan 2024

Hey there! Leash-training cats can be a challenge, but it's totally doable! My tip is to start slow and be patient. Let your cat get used to the harness indoors first, just wearing it for short periods of time. Use treats and positive reinforcement to make it a positive experience. And when you're ready to venture outside, start in a quiet, familiar area. It might take some time, but with consistency and rewards, you'll get there! 🐱✨

Comment

• Dvalin
        • Jan 2024

Hey there! 😺 OMG, harness training my cat was a bit of a struggle at first, but totally worth it! Started with letting her sniff the harness for days, then wore it for short intervals indoors. Treats helped a LOT. Gradually went outside, and now she struts like a pro. Patience and treats, that's my secret sauce! Good luck! 🐾 #CatHarnessAdventures

Comment

• Chichi
          • Jan 2024

Leash training my furball was a challenge, but treats, patience, and short sessions did the trick. Start indoors, so it's less overwhelming. And, of course, lots of praise! Remember, every kitty is unique, so find what works for yours. Best of luck with your cat adventures! 🌈🐱

Comment

• PurpleHyacinth
            • Jan 2024

Hey fellow cat enthusiast! 😺 Totally get the struggle with harness training. My kitty wasn't a fan either, but patience is key. Start indoors, let her sniff the harness, treats help lots! Gradually increase the time, and soon she'll rock it outdoors. Share your wins and keep it pawsitive! 🐾

Comment

• fab_charms
              • Jan 2024

So, harnessed my furball last summer – took some patience. Start indoors, let them get used to the harness without the outdoor distractions. Treats are the real MVPs – reward every step of the way. Also, be chill about it – if they're not feeling it, try again later. Slow and steady wins the cat race. 😺🌈

Comment

• nick23nick23
                • Jan 2024

Oh, the adventures of cat harness training! 😺 It's like convincing a little explorer to embrace the great outdoors. My furball initially staged a tiny protest, but with patience and treats (yes, bribery works wonders), we made progress. Gradual exposure indoors and rewarding positive behavior seemed to do the trick. Now, our outdoor escapades are met with excitement (or at least reluctant acceptance). Every cat's a unique character, so experimenting with treats, gentle encouragement, and lots of love might just unlock the adventurous spirit. Share your feline tales, fellow cat enthusiasts! 🌲🐾

Comment

• PatJones
                  • Jan 2024

I started leash-training my cat with a comfy harness that doesn't cramp her style.

First, let her check out the harness without putting it on – treats for good vibes, you know?

Once it's on, keep the first walks short and sweet, rewarding her with treats and love. Worked like a charm for my furball!

Comment

• Davi
                    • Jan 2024

Start slow, use a comfortable harness, and reward positive behavior. Gradually increase outdoor exposure, and be patient to ensure successful cat harness training.🐈🐾

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎