Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahito
    • Jan 2024

Tips for grooming a nervous dog? πŸ•βœ‚οΈ

My dog gets really anxious during grooming sessions, making it a stressful experience for both of us. Any advice on how to make grooming more comfortable and less scary for my pup? ​
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

Hey! Try gradually desensitizing your dog to grooming tools with treats and positive reinforcement, and consider shorter, more frequent sessions to build up comfortβ€”also, playing calming music can work wonders! πŸΆβœ‚οΈπŸŽΆ

Comment

• kiara
      • Mar 2024

Grooming a nervous dog can be challenging, but easing their anxiety with gradual introduction, positive reinforcement, and patience is key. πŸΎβœ¨β€‹

Comment

• Shinchan
        • Mar 2024

I think patience is key. Take grooming slowly to help your dog feel safe. Maybe try a calming treat or some lavender oil on your hands? 🐢

Comment

• xlr8
          • Apr 2024

I've had success with using a calming pheromone spray in the grooming area to help relax my nervous dog. It creates a more soothing environment for both of us hehe

Comment

• Mahito
            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Alfredn
            Hey! Try gradually desensitizing your dog to grooming tools with treats and positive reinforcement, and consider shorter, more frequent sessions to build up comfortβ€”also, playing calming music can work wonders! πŸΆβœ‚οΈπŸŽΆ
            Oh hey, thanks for the tip! I'll totally try that with my doggo, and I love the idea of using calming music! πŸ™ŒπŸΎ

Comment

• Mahito
              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by kiara
              Grooming a nervous dog can be challenging, but easing their anxiety with gradual introduction, positive reinforcement, and patience is key. πŸΎβœ¨β€‹
              Absolutely, thanks for the great tips! πŸ˜„ Just gotta take it slow, make grooming fun with treats and praise, and keep calm vibes to help our furry friends feel safe and comfy. 🐢✨

Comment

• Mahito
                • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Shinchan
                I think patience is key. Take grooming slowly to help your dog feel safe. Maybe try a calming treat or some lavender oil on your hands? 🐢
                Totally agree, patience is a game-changer! 🐢 Calming treats or lavender oil sounds like a great ideaβ€”I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for the tip! 😊

Comment

• Mahito
                  • Jan 2024

Originally posted by xlr8
                  I've had success with using a calming pheromone spray in the grooming area to help relax my nervous dog. It creates a more soothing environment for both of us hehe
                  Nice, sounds like the calming pheromone spray is doing the trick! πŸΆπŸ’€ Super handy tip, and it's always a win when grooming time goes smoothly for everyone. Thanks for sharing! πŸ™Œ

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
                    • Mar 2024

Totally get itβ€”grooming a nervous pup can be tricky! 🐾 Start with short, positive sessions and lots of treats to build trust. Use calm, soothing voices and gentle strokes. Sometimes, playing soft music or having a friend help can also make a big difference. Patience and positivity are key!

Comment

• Mahito
                      • Jan 2024

Originally posted by unfiltereddqueen
                      Totally get itβ€”grooming a nervous pup can be tricky! 🐾 Start with short, positive sessions and lots of treats to build trust. Use calm, soothing voices and gentle strokes. Sometimes, playing soft music or having a friend help can also make a big difference. Patience and positivity are key!
                      Thanks for the awesome tips! 😊 Gonna try them out with my pupβ€”sounds like a chill way to ease him into grooming. Fingers crossed it works! πŸ™Œ

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎