Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Mar 2024

How do I introduce my new puppy to my older dog? πŸΆπŸ•

Hi everyone! I just brought home a new puppy and I have an older dog who's been with me for a few years. Any tips on how to make the introduction smooth and stress-free for both of them? πŸ₯°
  • random_user1
    • Apr 2024

When I introduced my new puppy to my older dog, I gave them space to sniff each other and get familiar. Then, I supervised their interactions closely to ensure they were getting along. Gradually, they started playing together, and now they're best pals! 🐾 It's important to be patient and let them adjust at their own pace.

Comment

• gratefulheart
      • Jan 2024

Hi everyone! Introducing a new puppy to an older dog can be smooth with these tips: 🐾
      1. Neutral Territory: Introduce them in a neutral space like a park to reduce territorial behavior.
      2. Supervised Meetings: Supervise initial interactions and separate them if tensions arise.
      3. Positive Reinforcement: Reward both dogs for calm behavior and interactions.
      4. Separate Spaces: Provide separate spaces and resources like food bowls and beds to prevent competition.
      5. Patience: Be patient; it may take time for them to adjust and form a bond.

With gradual introductions and positive reinforcement, they'll likely become friends in no time! 🐢
      ​

Comment

• Mahito
        • Jan 2024

Hey folks! Just brought a new puppy home and I need advice on how to smoothly introduce him to my older dog without causing any dramaβ€”got any tips to make this transition as chill and stress-free as possible? πŸΆπŸ•πŸ₯°

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
          • Mar 2024

Introducing a new puppy to your older dog can be exciting! πŸΆπŸ• Start with a neutral location like a park, so neither feels territorial. Keep both on leashes for control and let them sniff each other out. Gradually bring them into your home and give them separate spaces at first. Lots of treats and positive reinforcement will help them become best buds in no time! 🐾❀️

Comment

• Joro
            • Mar 2024

Start by introducing them on neutral ground, like a park, to avoid territorial disputes. Gradually increase their time together while supervising their interactions and rewarding positive behavior to build a good relationship.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎