Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyacinth
    • Apr 2024

What’s the best diet for a senior cat? 🐱🥣

My cat is getting up there in age, and I want to make sure she’s on the best diet for her health. What do you feed your senior cats? Any specific brands or types of food that are particularly good?
  • Tusk
    • Apr 2024

I find that a high-protein, low-carb diet with plenty of moisture is ideal for senior cats. Brands like Hill's Science Diet or Royal Canin have specific formulas designed to meet the nutritional needs of older cats.

Comment

• ғʀɪᴇʀᴇɴ
      • Apr 2024

I’ve found my old girl does best with a high-protein, low-carb diet—Fancy Feast senior classics seem to hit the spot for her, but I also add a bit of pumpkin to help with digestion. 🐱🥫🎃 Anyone else have tips for keeping senior kitties spry?

Comment

• Kennethn
        • Jan 2024

For senior cats, look for food formulated specifically for older cats with high-quality protein, lower calories, and added nutrients like omega fatty acids and joint support. Brands like Royal Canin, Hill’s Science Diet, and Purina Pro Plan offer specialized options for senior cats. 🐱🍽️

Comment

• DonCatter
          • Apr 2024

For senior cats, go for a diet high in protein and low in fat to keep them healthy and active. Look for foods with added vitamins and joint support. 🥩💪 And don’t forget plenty of water to keep them hydrated!

Comment

• Trax
            • Mar 2024

Senior cats benefit from a diet that’s higher in moisture and tailored for aging, with fewer calories, but rich in easily digestible proteins. Look for food specifically formulated for senior cats, often containing added nutrients for joint health, digestion, and maintaining weight.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎