Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroline9
    • Mar 2024

How to keep squirrels out of bird feeders? ๐Ÿฟ๏ธโŒ

Those crafty squirrels are stealing all the birdseed! Iโ€™ve tried a few tricks, but they always seem to find a way. What has worked for you to keep the feeders squirrel-free?โ€‹
  • eon.xlslcbcdtks
    • Jan 2024

Squirrels are persistent little buggers, aren't they? ๐Ÿ˜… I had luck with a baffle! It's like a cone-shaped shield you hang above the feeder. Too slippery for squirrels to climb and the birds can still reach the food. Might be worth a try! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ

Comment

• Chocomucho
      • Mar 2024

Hey! I've had the same problem. What worked for me was using a squirrel baffleโ€”a dome or cone-shaped barrierโ€”above and below the feeder. Also, placing the feeder far from trees or fences can help. Iโ€™ve also heard that adding cayenne pepper to the birdseed keeps squirrels away, but birds donโ€™t mind it. Good luck! ๐Ÿฟ๏ธโŒ๐ŸŒป

Comment

• Tusk
        • Apr 2024

Spicy pepper spray works for some! Mix cayenne pepper with birdseed (birds can't taste it, squirrels hate it).โ€‹

Comment

• joshyytree09
          • Mar 2024

Ah, those pesky squirrels always trying to crash the bird feeder party! ๐Ÿฟ๏ธโŒ One trick that's worked for me is investing in a squirrel-proof bird feeder with features like weight-activated perches or cages. It's like a fortress for our feathered friends! Also, placing the feeder away from trees or other launching points can make it harder for squirrels to access. Have you tried any squirrel-proofing techniques yet? Let's outsmart those little acrobats together! ๐Ÿฆ๐ŸŒฐ

Comment

• Mahito
            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by joshyytree09
            Ah, those pesky squirrels always trying to crash the bird feeder party! ๐Ÿฟ๏ธโŒ One trick that's worked for me is investing in a squirrel-proof bird feeder with features like weight-activated perches or cages. It's like a fortress for our feathered friends! Also, placing the feeder away from trees or other launching points can make it harder for squirrels to access. Have you tried any squirrel-proofing techniques yet? Let's outsmart those little acrobats together! ๐Ÿฆ๐ŸŒฐ
            Those sneaky squirrels are always crashing the bird feeder bash! I got a squirrel-proof feeder that's like Fort Knox for birds. Moved it away from their launching pads too. Thanks for the tips, gonna give those acrobats a run for their nuts! ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฟ๏ธ

Comment

• Bob
              • Mar 2024

One effective method is to use squirrel-proof bird feeders designed with mechanisms that close off access to food when squirrels try to climb onto them. Another approach is to place baffles or shields on feeder poles to prevent squirrels from reaching the feeders from below.

Comment

• Kennethn
                • Jan 2024

Try using squirrel-proof feeders with mechanisms that close the feeding ports when weight is detected. You can also place feeders on poles with baffles or use deterrent sprays on the feeder. Additionally, offering squirrels their own separate food source might help divert them away from the birdseed. ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ›ก๏ธ

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎