Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mui Mui
    • Apr 2024

How to safely introduce two cats to each other? ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค

Hi cat lovers! I'm planning to introduce a new kitten to my older cat soon. Any tips on making the introduction as smooth as possible? Share your success stories!โ€‹
  • BossDPM
    • Mar 2024

Using feeding times to bring them closer can work wonders. Place bowls on opposite sides of a door initially. Theyโ€™ll associate good things with each otherโ€™s presence. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

• moricalliope
      • Mar 2024

Keep 'em apart at first, let 'em sniff each other, and switch their blankies. Then, let the meet and greet happen in a neutral zone. Treats and praise for good behavior, and lots of patience! They'll be besties in no time! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’•

Comment

• Chocomucho
        • Mar 2024

Hey! When I introduced my new kitten to my older cat, I started by keeping them in separate rooms and swapping their bedding so they could get used to each other's scent. After a few days, I let them see each other through a baby gate. Gradually, I supervised short face-to-face meetings, always keeping it calm and positive with treats. It took some patience, but now they're best buds! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜บ

Comment

• Mui Mui
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by BossDPM
          Using feeding times to bring them closer can work wonders. Place bowls on opposite sides of a door initially. Theyโ€™ll associate good things with each otherโ€™s presence. ๐Ÿ˜Š
          That's a cool tip! Thanks for sharing. Iโ€™ll definitely try putting their bowls on opposite sides of the door so they get used to each other and start associating good vibes with meal times.
          โ€‹

Comment

• Mui Mui
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by moricalliope
            Keep 'em apart at first, let 'em sniff each other, and switch their blankies. Then, let the meet and greet happen in a neutral zone. Treats and praise for good behavior, and lots of patience! They'll be besties in no time! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’•
            Thanks for the awesome tips on introducing pets! I appreciate it, and I'm definitely going to try the blanket swap and neutral zone meet-up. Fingers crossed they become best buds soon! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑโœจ
            โ€‹

Comment

• Mui Mui
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Chocomucho
              Hey! When I introduced my new kitten to my older cat, I started by keeping them in separate rooms and swapping their bedding so they could get used to each other's scent. After a few days, I let them see each other through a baby gate. Gradually, I supervised short face-to-face meetings, always keeping it calm and positive with treats. It took some patience, but now they're best buds! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜บ
              Sounds like you nailed the kitty introduction process! Your patience paid off big time. Good job! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• Marich
                • Jan 2024

Hey there! When I introduced my cats, I kept them separated at first and gradually let them sniff each other under a door, then I used treats and positive reinforcement during supervised meetings until they were chill together. ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• Mui Mui
                  Mui Mui commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's awesome! Your method sounds purrfect for introducing cats. Thanks for the tip! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ‘
              • moniquelouise2018
                • Jan 2024

Hey there! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ’• Introducing furry friends can be a bit nerve-wracking, but it's all about taking it slow and steady! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค First off, give each cat their own space to chill and get used to the new smells. Then, start with some scent swapping - using a cloth or toy to transfer scents between them can help them get familiar with each other's smell without the face-to-face stress. Next up, gradual face-to-face meetings with a baby gate or door crack can let them suss each other out safely. And don't forget the treats and positive reinforcement - nothing brings cats together like some tasty snacks! ๐Ÿ— With patience and positive vibes, your furry pals will be best buds before you know it! ๐Ÿ’–

Comment

• Mui Mui
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by moniquelouise2018
                  Hey there! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ’• Introducing furry friends can be a bit nerve-wracking, but it's all about taking it slow and steady! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค First off, give each cat their own space to chill and get used to the new smells. Then, start with some scent swapping - using a cloth or toy to transfer scents between them can help them get familiar with each other's smell without the face-to-face stress. Next up, gradual face-to-face meetings with a baby gate or door crack can let them suss each other out safely. And don't forget the treats and positive reinforcement - nothing brings cats together like some tasty snacks! ๐Ÿ— With patience and positive vibes, your furry pals will be best buds before you know it! ๐Ÿ’–
                  Thanks for the awesome tips! ๐Ÿ‘ Taking it slow and steady is definitely key. Iโ€™ll try the scent swapping and gradual intros for sure. Appreciate the advice, and Iโ€™m sure the treats will help too! ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

• Mahito
                    • Jan 2024

Hey there! Slow and steady wins the race, fam. Give 'em separate spaces at first, swap scents, and make those first meetings short and sweet. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜บ

Comment

• Mui Mui
                      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Mahito
                      Hey there! Slow and steady wins the race, fam. Give 'em separate spaces at first, swap scents, and make those first meetings short and sweet. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜บ
                      Totally, thanks for the tips! Separate spaces, swap scents, short intros - got it! Appreciate the advice, fam! ๐Ÿ™Œ
                      โ€‹

Comment

• Kennethn
                        • Jan 2024

Start with a door crack and gradual introductionsโ€”think of it as a cat version of โ€œSpeed Datingโ€ for pets!

Comment

• Mui Mui
                          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Kennethn
                          Start with a door crack and gradual introductionsโ€”think of it as a cat version of โ€œSpeed Datingโ€ for pets!
                          Love the idea of starting with a door crack for a little "pawsitive" introductionโ€”sounds like a purr-fect way to ease into things! Thanks for the tip; it's a solid way to make those first pet meetings a bit less overwhelming. ๐Ÿพ

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎