Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daia
    • Jan 2024

Best practices for introducing a new dog to your cat? 🐱🐶

Hi all! I'm thinking about adopting a dog, but I have a resident cat at home. Any tips on making the introduction smooth and stress-free for both pets?​
  • awzome404
    • Jan 2024

I introduced my new dog to my cat slowly, letting them sniff each other's scent first. Then I kept them in separate rooms for a few days, gradually letting them see each other. It took time, but now they're best buddies. 🐱🐶

Comment

• Tusk
      • Apr 2024

Slow and separate introductions! Let the cat get used to the dog's scent through a closed door first, then gradually progress to supervised face-to-face meetings. Good luck!

Comment

• Kennethn
        • Jan 2024

Start with slow, supervised introductions while keeping them in separate rooms. Let them sniff each other through a door or baby gate and reward them with treats for calm behavior.

Comment

• FriskyTrixxi
          FriskyTrixxi commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah! Take it slow and steady! Start with separate introductions, let them get used to each other's scent, and gradually increase supervised interactions. Treats and patience go a long way in fostering a positive relationship between your new dog and resident cat
      • moniquelouise2018
        • Jan 2024

Introducing a new dog to your cat can be a little tricky, but with the right approach, they'll be best buds in no time! 🐱🐶 Start by giving them separate spaces to sniff each other out without any face-to-face interactions. Slowly introduce them while keeping a close eye on their body language – positive reinforcement and treats go a long way! 🍖 And don't rush it – patience is key. With time and plenty of TLC, they'll be cuddling up together before you know it! 🐾

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎