Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _funko00
    • Jan 2024

How to introduce a new puppy to an older resident dog? πŸΆπŸ‘€

Just adopted a new puppy and I have an older dog at home. Any tips on making the introduction smooth and stress-free for both of them?
  • Soljae
    • May 2024

Here are some tips that worked wonders for me when I introduced my puppy to my older dog. Allow them to sniff each other from a distance at first. Then, slowly bring them closer together while observing their body language. Make sure each dog has their own space with food, water, and toys to prevent any resource guarding. Always supervise their interactions, especially in the beginning. This ensures that you can step in if things get tense. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘βœ¨

Comment

• _funko00
      _funko00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a bunch for sharing these tips! They're super helpful and make a lot of sense. I'll definitely keep them in mind as I introduce my puppy to my older dog. Your advice means a lot! 😊
  • Tusk
    • Apr 2024

Meeting on neutral ground, leash greetings, positive reinforcement, separate spaces, and patience are key for a smooth puppy introduction to your older dog! Good luck with your new furry family!

Comment

• Kennethn
      • Jan 2024

Start with short supervised interactions in a neutral space, gradually increasing time together. Use positive reinforcement for good behavior to help them bond over time.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎