Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daia
    • Jan 2024

What's the best diet for a senior cat with kidney issues? 🐱🥗

My elderly kitty has been diagnosed with kidney problems, and I'm struggling to adjust her diet. Does anyone have experience with this? Looking for food recommendations and tips.​
  • kiara
    • Mar 2024

An omega-3 fatty acid and antioxidant-supplemented diet reduced in salt, phosphorus, and protein is beneficial for senior cats with renal problems. 🐱🍽

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
      • Mar 2024

Hey! 🐱 When it comes to senior cats with kidney issues, the key is a diet low in protein and phosphorus. Foods like prescription renal diets or homemade meals tailored to their needs can be super helpful. Adding in moisture-rich foods like wet cat food or even a bit of water to their meals can also aid in kidney health. Have you talked to your vet about specific recommendations yet? 🥗

Comment

• Monggi
        • Mar 2024

Incorporating more moisture into their diet could be beneficial. Though canned food is a popular choice, adding water to dry food can also do the trick. 💧 Hydration is key.​

Comment

• Tusk
          • Apr 2024

Hey there! My heart goes out to your kitty. When my cat was diagnosed, my vet suggested a low-protein, high-moisture diet to ease the strain on the kidneys. Brands like Royal Canin and Hill's Science Diet offer specific formulas for renal support. It's essential to consult your vet for personalized advice, though! Wishing your fur baby all the best! 🐾

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎