Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ui Ui
    • Apr 2024

How to handle a dog with separation anxiety? πŸ•β€οΈ

Does anyone have experience with managing a dog's separation anxiety? My retriever gets really stressed when I leave. Would love some advice or techniques that have worked for you!
  • 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
    • Mar 2024

Hey there! I totally get it. My pup used to freak out too. What helped us was gradually getting her used to alone time, leaving her with engaging toys, and giving her lots of love when we're back. Hang in there! 🐾❀️

Comment

• Ui Ui
      Ui Ui commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your experience! It's reassuring to hear that gradual steps and extra love can make a difference. 🐢
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

Creating a cozy "puppy den" with their favorite toys and blankets can help them feel secure when you're away, and practicing short departures followed by rewarding reunions can gradually ease their anxiety and build confidence!

Comment

• Ui Ui
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Alfredn
      Creating a cozy "puppy den" with their favorite toys and blankets can help them feel secure when you're away, and practicing short departures followed by rewarding reunions can gradually ease their anxiety and build confidence!
      Ah, setting up a snug "puppy den" with their cherished toys and blankets sounds like a great idea! Gradually easing their anxiety through short departures and rewarding reunions can really make a difference, don't you think?πŸ€”

Comment

• Mui Mui
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Ui Ui

Ah, setting up a snug "puppy den" with their cherished toys and blankets sounds like a great idea! Gradually easing their anxiety through short departures and rewarding reunions can really make a difference, don't you think?πŸ€”
        Oh, definitely! Creating a cozy space for your pup with their favorite things and showing them that leaving doesn't mean you're gone forever can really help them feel more secure!

Comment

• Tusk
          • Apr 2024

Hey there! Dealing with separation anxiety in dogs can be tough, but there are definitely things you can try. One thing that's helped with my pup is gradually desensitizing him to being alone by leaving for short periods and gradually increasing the time. Also, creating a safe and comfortable space for your dog while you're away, like with toys or a cozy bed, can help them feel more secure. And sometimes, seeking advice from a professional dog trainer or behaviorist can provide personalized guidance based on your dog's specific needs. Hang in there! 🐾❀️

Comment

• moniquelouise2018
            • Jan 2024

Dealing with a dog's separation anxiety? Start with short alone times, lots of toys, and your calming scent. Shower them with love! You'll get through it together! πŸΆπŸ’•

Comment

• Ui Ui
              Ui Ui commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey! Totally get it. Start small, leave 'em with some toys, your scent, and give 'em extra love when you're back. They'll chill out eventually, trust me!
          • Ui Ui
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tusk
            Hey there! Dealing with separation anxiety in dogs can be tough, but there are definitely things you can try. One thing that's helped with my pup is gradually desensitizing him to being alone by leaving for short periods and gradually increasing the time. Also, creating a safe and comfortable space for your dog while you're away, like with toys or a cozy bed, can help them feel more secure. And sometimes, seeking advice from a professional dog trainer or behaviorist can provide personalized guidance based on your dog's specific needs. Hang in there! 🐾❀️
            Totally feel you! Gradually easing them into alone time sounds solid. Gotta make that doggy den cozy AF! Pro tip: pro trainers can be a game-changer. Keep at it, you got this! 🐢✨

Comment

• Daia
              • Jan 2024

To help a dog with separation anxiety, gradually desensitize them to your leaving by practicing short departures and gradually increasing the time apart, provide plenty of physical and mental stimulation before leaving, create a safe and comfortable space for them with toys and treats, and consider consulting a professional dog trainer or behaviorist for personalized guidance and support 🐾❀️.

​

Comment

• Ui Ui
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Daia

To help a dog with separation anxiety, gradually desensitize them to your leaving by practicing short departures and gradually increasing the time apart, provide plenty of physical and mental stimulation before leaving, create a safe and comfortable space for them with toys and treats, and consider consulting a professional dog trainer or behaviorist for personalized guidance and support 🐾❀️.

​
                Thanks for the helpful tips! My dog has separation anxiety and I'll definitely try these methods to help him feel more comfortable when I'm away. 🐢❀️

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎