Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awzome404
    • Jan 2024

What's the best diet for an older dog? πŸ₯©πŸš

My 12-year-old lab seems to be getting more selective with his food. Does anyone have recommendations for keeping older dogs happy and healthy with their meals? Would love to hear what's worked for you!
  • eon.xlslcbcdtks
    • Jan 2024

Same! My 12yo lab is super picky now πŸ˜ͺ Switched to senior food ..smaller kibble, more nutrients for old guys. Maybe ask your vet for a brand rec? 😊

Comment

• Sandy
      • Jan 2024

For an older dog, the best diet typically includes high-quality protein sources like lean meats or fish πŸ₯©, easily digestible carbohydrates such as rice or sweet potatoes 🍚, and plenty of fiber from vegetables or grains, while also considering any specific health conditions or dietary restrictions your furry friend may have.

​

Comment

• Beatmaster
        • Mar 2024

Hey there! 🐾 For older dogs, it's important to focus on a balanced diet that supports their changing needs. You might want to consider switching to a senior-specific dog food formula, which often contains lower calories and additional nutrients tailored for older pups. Adding some fresh, cooked meats or veggies can also help entice picky eaters. Hope this helps! πŸΆβ€‹

Comment

• Tusk
          • Apr 2024

Hey there! My senior pup went through a picky phase too. I found that switching to a high-quality, senior-specific dog food helped a lot. Look for formulas with joint support and easier-to-digest ingredients. Adding some tasty toppers like cooked chicken or veggies can also entice them to eat. And don't forget regular vet check-ups to monitor their health and dietary needs. Hope this helps! 🐾

Comment

• Shinchan
            • Mar 2024

In my opinion, opting for a diet rich in protein can help maintain muscle mass in older dogs. Though, ensure it's balanced with other nutrients. πŸ₯©β€‹

Comment

• PatJones
              • Jan 2024

I prefer to consult with my vet to determine the best diet for my older dog. They can provide tailored recommendations based on factors like age, weight, and any health conditions. Sometimes, they may suggest adding supplements or adjusting the portion size to ensure my dog's nutritional requirements are met.

Comment

• gratefulheart
                • Jan 2024

Of course! 🐢 As dogs age, their nutritional needs may change. Consider switching to senior-specific dog food formulated with joint-supporting ingredients and fewer calories. Adding tasty toppers like cooked chicken or veggies can also entice picky eaters. And don't forget regular vet check-ups to ensure your furry friend stays healthy and happy! πŸ₯¦πŸ—

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎