Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

How do you introduce a new pet to existing pets? 🐢🐱

Hey everyone! I just adopted a new puppy, and I'm wondering about the best ways to introduce her to my two cats at home. Any tips or experiences you could share would be super helpful!
  • nick23nick23
    • Jan 2024

When introducing a new pet to existing ones, start by keeping them separated initially to allow for gradual acclimation through scent swapping and supervised interactions. Provide separate spaces with food, water, and litter boxes to prevent resource guarding. And remember, patience and positive reinforcement go a long way in fostering harmony among furry family members! 🐾🏑

Comment

• gratefulheart
      • Jan 2024

Congratulations on your new puppy! 🐢 Introducing her to your cats can be a gradual process. Start by allowing them to sniff each other through a closed door, then gradually introduce them while supervised. Offer positive reinforcement and treats to encourage calm interactions, and be patient as they adjust to each other's presence. With time and positive experiences, they'll hopefully become fast friends! 🐱🐾

Comment

• Tusk
        • Apr 2024

Hey there! 🐾 Introducing a new pet to existing ones can be a bit nerve-wracking, but it's totally doable! When I brought home a new puppy to my cat, I started by keeping them separated at first, letting them get used to each other's scents. Then, I gradually introduced them in controlled settings, like with the puppy on a leash. It's important to supervise their interactions and be patient – it might take some time for everyone to adjust, but eventually, they'll hopefully become best buds! 🐢🐱 Good luck with your furry family!

Comment

• yellowmonkey
          yellowmonkey commented
          Editing a comment
          When I brought a new pet to my existing ones, I kept 'em separated at first, let them get used to each other's smells. Then, I slowly introduced 'em, like with the new one on a leash. Be patient and supervise – might take time, but they'll hopefully get along. 🐾
      • unfiltereddqueen
        • Mar 2024

Ah, the classic pet introduction dilemma! 🐾 Here's the scoop: take it slow and steady. Start with separate spaces to let them sniff each other out from a safe distance. Then, gradually introduce supervised interactions, keeping things positive with treats and praise. πŸ–πŸ‘ It might take time for them to become best buds, but patience pays off! And remember, every pet is different, so go at their pace. Before you know it, they'll be playing and snuggling like old pals! πŸΎπŸ’• #PetIntro101

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎