Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The benefits of companion planting: What are your favorite combinations?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kennethn
    • Jan 2024

The benefits of companion planting: What are your favorite combinations?

I've heard about the concept of companion planting and its benefits for promoting plant health and deterring pests.
    Can anyone share their favorite companion planting combinations and tips for maximizing the benefits in the garden?
  • Marich
    • Jan 2024

Hey there, friend! 🌱 Don't you just love companion planting? I sure do! For instance, pairing up tomatoes with basil not only keeps those pesky bugs away but also makes the flavors pop! And, did you know that planting marigolds around veggies like squash can keep them happy and pest-free? It's true! Oh, and let me tell you about beans and corn - they're like best buds and help each other grow strong! Why not give it a try? I promise you won't regret it! 🌽🌽🌻

I found this on Storables, and they have tons of great ideas that can help you out with any home problems you might be facing. Check it out!

Learn the ideal depth for raised garden beds to grow healthy and productive tomatoes. Get expert landscaping ideas for your garden.

Learn how to grow basil from seed in your garden and discover the ideal timeline for basil plants to reach maturity. Start your garden today!

#
    CompanionPlantinRocks #GardenBuddies Outdoor & Garden outdoor garden ​

Comment

• Noreen
      • Jan 2024

Ah, companion planting offers so many benefits for a thriving garden! 🌱 Some of my favorite combinations include planting tomatoes with basil to enhance flavor and repel pests, pairing marigolds with vegetables like cucumbers or squash to deter pests, and interplanting flowers like nasturtiums with vegetables to attract beneficial insects.

Comment

• bryanjay1999
        • Jan 2024

Sure thing! One combo I swear by is planting marigolds alongside tomatoes to keep pesky aphids away. I also love pairing basil with tomatoes for enhanced flavor and to repel insects. Plus, growing beans with corn helps enrich the soil with nitrogen, benefiting both plants.

Comment

• Davi
          • Jan 2024

Companion planting can enhance plant growth and repel pests. Classic combinations include planting basil with tomatoes to deter insects and marigolds with various crops for pest control. Experiment to find combinations that work well in your garden.πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŒΎπŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸŒΎ

Comment

• Prel
            • Jan 2024

Oh, darlin', let me tell ya about my favorite companion plantin' combos! 🌱 I swear by plantin' basil next to tomatoes, keeps them bugs away and makes the tomatoes taste divine! And don't forget 'bout marigolds with just 'bout anything, they're like the guardian angels of the garden, chasin' pests away with their scent. πŸ˜‡ Oh, and if you're growin' beans, pair 'em up with some corn and squash, they all help each other out, like a little family. 🌽πŸ₯’ Happy gardenin', y'all! 🌻

Comment

• jhoannabuenafe
              • Jan 2024

bsolutely! Companion planting is such a game-changer in the garden. One of my favorite combinations is planting basil near tomatoes. Basil helps repel pests like aphids and whiteflies while enhancing the flavor of tomatoes. Another great pairing is marigolds with just about anything. Their strong scent deters many garden pests, and they add a pop of color too. And don't forget about the classic trio of corn, beans, and squash, known as the "Three Sisters." Beans fix nitrogen in the soil, corn provides support for the beans to climb, and squash acts as a living mulch, suppressing weeds and keeping the soil moist. It's like nature's perfect teamwork!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎