Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a kid-friendly garden without sacrificing style?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charmsb22
    • Jan 2024

How to create a kid-friendly garden without sacrificing style?

Balancing a family-friendly garden with a stylish look. What plants, decor, or layout choices have worked for you in creating a space that's both kid-friendly and chic?
  • Royyo
    • Jan 2024

Hey! We went for low-maintenance plants like succulents and added a play area with rubber mulch. Outdoor rugs and colorful cushions brought in style without sacrificing the kid-friendly vibe. Any specific age group you're designing for? πŸŒΏπŸ‘Ά #FamilyGardenTips

Comment

• Camry
      • Jan 2024

How about playful plants, designated play areas, soft surfaces, stylish storage - keep it fun, safe, and organized! ‍♀️​

Comment

• Duedith C.
        • Jan 2024

I would avoid anything with thorns or leaves with that microscopic hair that will irritate your skin on contact. On the other hand, I would plant colorful and lovely flowering plants and fruit-bearing plants as well. And oh, add some play area for the kids with soft mats under the shade of a tree. That would be wonderful! ❀❀❀

Comment

• Davi
          • Jan 2024

Hey Garden buddy! try to combine whimsical elements with stylish design for a kid-friendly garden: use vibrant colors🌈install playful sculptures or garden art, include a small play area with safe, durable materials, and incorporate interactive plants like sensory herbs. Design with safety in mind while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing environment.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Comment

• Jay-Ar
            • Jan 2024

Hey! We opted for raised beds for veggies and added stepping stones for a playful pathway. Outdoor chalkboard on the fence keeps the kiddos busy. Pops of color in cushions and playful garden gnomes for style. It's a hit with both the fam and the neighbors! πŸŒΌπŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦ #FamilyGardenWin

Comment

• SerendipitySeeker
              • Jan 2024

Try choosing durable, low maintenance plants and add some playful decor like colorful stepping stones or fantasy figures . Try designing separate zones for play and relaxation. Make it a space where everyone and not just kids can enjoy!"

​

Comment

• Primrose08
                • Jan 2024

My opt is kid-friendly plants, safe and non-toxic for my kids. I plant butterfly and bird-friendly plants to add charm on my garden as well as learning opportunities for my kids to get interest in wildlife. I then put up a playhouse for my kids to pretend to play in. And implement safety measures such as rounded edges on furniture, non-slip surfaces, and secure play equipment.

Comment

• PurpleHyacinth
                  • Jan 2024

Yo! Kid-friendly garden vibes? Zinnias rock cause these were colorful and tough. Rubber mulch is a savior and stylish furniture seals the deal. What's your go-to for a chic family garden? 🌸
                  Last edited by PurpleHyacinth; 01-13-2024, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• LightRenz
                    • Jan 2024

You can also add vibrant color plants like roses or daises, and for the kids you may consider adding designated art corners for creativity. It's a kid-friendly haven that's both fun and stylish, keeping everything organized and safe, well Good luck

Comment

• harisen1116
                      • Jan 2024

When it comes to a kid-friendly garden with a dash of style, I would love to share with you what I did for my niece. 😊 We went for a mix of sturdy, colorful flowers and interactive features. Butterfly-friendly plants not only add charm but also turn the garden into a living science lesson. We also created a mini art corner with washable paint for some creative chaos, and it's become the go-to spot for our little artist. πŸ˜„

As for safety, we installed rounded edges on the outdoor furniture and opted for non-slip surfaces. Rubber mulch under the play area has been a game-changer – less mess and a stylish touch. Let me know if you want to try this, and I can give you more advice. 😊

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎