Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marich
    • Jan 2024

Companion planting—What are your successes and failures? 🤝🌻

I’m curious to try companion planting to boost my vegetable garden's health and yield. What pairings have you tried that worked or didn’t work?​
  • Kennethn
    • Jan 2024

Successes: Basil made my tomatoes tastier and marigolds scared off the pests; Failures: Mint tried to conquer the entire garden and broccoli and strawberries had an awkward breakup.

Comment

• _funko00
      • Jan 2024

Hi Marich Companion planting can be a game-changer in the garden! 🌱 Some successes for me have been planting marigolds near tomatoes to deter pests, and basil with tomatoes for enhanced flavor. However, I learned the hard way that planting beans near onions didn't work so well—they didn't thrive together. It's all about experimenting and finding what works best for your garden's harmony! 🤝🌻

Comment

• Marich
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kennethn
        Successes: Basil made my tomatoes tastier and marigolds scared off the pests; Failures: Mint tried to conquer the entire garden and broccoli and strawberries had an awkward breakup.
        Wow, basil and marigolds really stepped up their game! Mint's going wild, huh? And that broccoli-strawberry drama sounds intense. Thanks for the update and the tips—they’re always super helpful! 🌱👩‍🌾

Comment

• Marich
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by _funko00
          Hi Marich Companion planting can be a game-changer in the garden! 🌱 Some successes for me have been planting marigolds near tomatoes to deter pests, and basil with tomatoes for enhanced flavor. However, I learned the hard way that planting beans near onions didn't work so well—they didn't thrive together. It's all about experimenting and finding what works best for your garden's harmony! 🤝🌻
          Totally get that—marigolds and basil are a winning combo, but beans and onions can be a bit tricky. Thanks for sharing your garden wisdom! 🌼🌿👍

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎