Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heavensent
    • Apr 2024

Best time to prune fruit trees? 🍎🌳

Greetings gardeners! I’m planning to prune my fruit trees but I'm unsure about the timing. When do you usually prune to promote healthy growth and fruiting? Thanks for the advice!
  • Tusk
    • Apr 2024

I usually prune mine in late winter, before the new growth starts. It gives the tree time to heal before it puts its energy into spring growth. Just make sure there's no danger of harsh frosts anymore. Happy pruning!

Comment

• Marcussi
      Marcussi commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the tip! Pruning in late winter makes sense to me now. I'll keep an eye on the frost warnings before I start. 🌳🌸 Happy gardening!
  • moniquelouise2018
    • Jan 2024

Prune fruit trees in late winter or early spring before buds break! It promotes healthy growth and fruit production during the growing season. Avoid pruning in late summer or fall to prevent new growth that might not harden off before winter. Timing is key to keeping your trees happy and productive!

Comment

• random_user1
      • Apr 2024

Make sure also to remove dead or diseased branches and shape the tree for good airflow and sunlight penetration. This approach has worked well for me in maintaining productive and healthy fruit trees. 🌿🌞

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎