Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ғʀɪᴇʀᴇɴ
    • Apr 2024

What's the best soil for succulents?

Hey fellow green thumbs! I’m starting a succulent garden and want to make sure I use the best soil. Any specific brands or soil mix recommendations? Let’s help our little desert friends thrive! 🌵
  • DonCatter
    • Apr 2024

Hey hey! Succulent lovers unite! 🌵 When it comes to soil, I swear by a gritty mix of 50% regular potting soil and 50% perlite or coarse sand. It's all about that perfect balance of drainage and aeration for our little desert darlings. 🏜️ Plus, adding some activated charcoal helps prevent any funky smells and keeps things fresh. What's your go-to soil recipe for succulents? Let's share the green-thumb love! 🌱💚 #SucculentSquad

Comment

• sukuna_ace
      • Jan 2024

Personally, I've found using a cactus/succulent-specific soil mix from the store convenient and effective. Though, customizing it with extra perlite or gravel can tailor it to your plants' needs! 🛒

Comment

• ғʀɪᴇʀᴇɴ
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by DonCatter
        Hey hey! Succulent lovers unite! 🌵 When it comes to soil, I swear by a gritty mix of 50% regular potting soil and 50% perlite or coarse sand. It's all about that perfect balance of drainage and aeration for our little desert darlings. 🏜️ Plus, adding some activated charcoal helps prevent any funky smells and keeps things fresh. What's your go-to soil recipe for succulents? Let's share the green-thumb love! 🌱💚 #SucculentSquad
        Such a rad choice of new beat!Balanced AF.Charcoal's a smart add-on. A typical soil mixture I use for succulents is 50-50 cactus mix and perlite. Continue the sand lively music!🌵

Comment

• ғʀɪᴇʀᴇɴ
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by sukuna_ace
          Personally, I've found using a cactus/succulent-specific soil mix from the store convenient and effective. Though, customizing it with extra perlite or gravel can tailor it to your plants' needs! 🛒
          Nice tip! Adding perlite or gravel to store-bought soil is clutch for succulents. Gotta keep those babies thriving! 🌵

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎