Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _funko00
    • Jan 2024

Tips for choosing the best shovel or spade for different gardening tasks

Hi garden diggers! 🌻 I'm looking to invest in a quality shovel or spade for my gardening projects but unsure which one to choose. Any advice on selecting shovels/spades that are durable, ergonomic, and suitable for various soil types? Let's dig deep into shovel selection! 🌿
  • Monggi
    • Mar 2024

I think the handle material matters. Wood absorbs shock, while fiberglass is durable. Though, it ultimately depends on personal preference and budget. 😉​

Comment

• yellowmonkey
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Monggi
      I think the handle material matters. Wood absorbs shock, while fiberglass is durable. Though, it ultimately depends on personal preference and budget. 😉​
      Totally agree. Wood handles are good for absorbing shock, while fiberglass ones are more durable. At the end of the day, it's all about what works for you and what you're willing to spend. 👌

Comment

• youngoldone23
        • Jan 2024

When choosing a shovel or spade, consider the blade material—stainless steel for durability and rust resistance, and the handle—opt for ergonomic designs to reduce strain. Also, select the right blade shape: rounded for digging, square for edging. Happy gardening! 🌱🛠️

Comment

• Davi
          • Jan 2024

Select a round-point shovel for digging, a square-point shovel for moving materials, and a spade for edging and slicing through soil; prioritize ergonomics, handle length, and blade material for comfort and durability 🌱🛠️.

Comment

• _funko00
            _funko00 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for these awesome tips! 🌱🛠️ It's super helpful to know which type of shovel works best for different tasks and the importance of considering ergonomics and durability. Can't wait to put this advice into action in the garden!
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎