Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SerendipitySeeker
    • Jan 2024

Tips for childproofing and pet-proofing the home through DIY projects

Hi there!! as a mom and with kids and pets in the house, safety has always been my top priority. Can you share ideas on what are the effective DIY projects and solutions for childproofing and pet-proofing the home to prevent accidents and keep everyone safe and happy?
  • Duedith C.
    • Jan 2024

For me that someone has a toddler and also a pet lover. Their safety is my priority, so I made wooden bars that can close and open. I built this to cover our stairs, to keep my toddler and pet from wandering downstairs, which is very dangerous for both of them.

Comment

• Marich
      • Jan 2024

Hi SerendipitySeeker ! Absolutely, safety is key with little ones and pets around. For childproofing, I've found installing cabinet locks, outlet covers, and baby gates super helpful. Plus, DIYing soft edges on furniture with corner guards minimizes bumps and bruises. For pets, creating designated play areas and DIYing sturdy pet gates can keep them safe and out of trouble. Hope these ideas help! 🏑🐾

I found this on Storables, and they have tons of great ideas that can help you out with any home problems you might be facing. Check it out!

Keep your baby safe from falls and other stair-related accidents with a sturdy baby gate for stairs. Find out some of the best selections today.

Discover the top 8 dog gates for stairs in 2023 and keep your furry friend safe at home. Choose from a variety of options to suit your needs.

#Childproofing #PetProofing DIY diytips diyforworkspace

Comment

• youngoldone23
        • Jan 2024

Install safety gates, secure heavy furniture, and cover electrical outlets to prevent accidents 🚧⚠️ Store hazardous substances out of reach, create designated play areas, and remove choking hazards 🧴🎨🚫 Regularly assess and update safety measures as children and pets grow and explore πŸ”„πŸ‘ΆπŸΆ

​

Comment

• Mui Mui
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Marich
          Hi SerendipitySeeker ! Absolutely, safety is key with little ones and pets around. For childproofing, I've found installing cabinet locks, outlet covers, and baby gates super helpful. Plus, DIYing soft edges on furniture with corner guards minimizes bumps and bruises. For pets, creating designated play areas and DIYing sturdy pet gates can keep them safe and out of trouble. Hope these ideas help! 🏑🐾

I found this on Storables, and they have tons of great ideas that can help you out with any home problems you might be facing. Check it out!

Keep your baby safe from falls and other stair-related accidents with a sturdy baby gate for stairs. Find out some of the best selections today.

Discover the top 8 dog gates for stairs in 2023 and keep your furry friend safe at home. Choose from a variety of options to suit your needs.

#Childproofing #PetProofing DIY diytips diyforworkspace

Hey there! Thanks for sharing those awesome tips and resources from Storables... keeping both kiddos and pets safe is so important, and those baby gates and pet gates sound like lifesavers! ​

Comment

• Dane
            • Jan 2024

Secure cabinets and drawers with childproof locks, cover electrical outlets with outlet covers, install baby gates at stairs and doorways, and use cordless blinds or tie up blind cords out of reach for childproofing; while for pet-proofing, consider installing pet gates, using pet-friendly flooring, securing trash bins, and providing designated spaces for pet toys and accessories to keep your home safe and comfortable for both children and pets.⛑️

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎