Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY tool borrowing etiquette: Do's and Don'ts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littlemermaid
    • Mar 2024

DIY tool borrowing etiquette: Do's and Don'ts?

What are your thoughts on borrowing and lending DIY tools among friends and family? Share your etiquette tips and cautionary tales!
  • aeri.wish
    • Jan 2024

Borrow like you wanna borrow again! Here's my golden rule: Treat the tool like it's your own! 😉

Clean it before returning, offer to replace anything broken IF accidents happen, and be clear about how long you'll need it. Maybe even offer a pizza or some beers as a thank you 🍻
    That way, your friend will be happy to lend you stuff next time! 😎​

Comment

• eilegna
      • Jan 2024

Always ask before borrowing – nobody likes finding their tools missing without knowing where they went! And if you're lending, make sure to set clear expectations about when you need it back and in what condition. It's also a good idea to return borrowed tools promptly and in the same condition you got them.🛠️

Comment

• Duedith C.
        • Jan 2024

I have one word in mind when I borrow a tool. Respect. That is my basic guideline when I am borrowing a tool that is not mine. We always have to make sure that we take care of their tool, return it in a timely manner, and return it in the condition that you had it. That kind of thing will go a long way, and make borrowing tools an easy conundrum.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎