Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gratefulheart
    • Jan 2024

DIY Soundproofing: Beyond Egg Cartons

Noise warriors, unite! I'm on a mission to soundproof my space, but I want to explore unconventional options beyond the usual egg cartons. Any DIYers with unique and effective soundproofing solutions? Let's silence the noise in style!
  • jezsha
    • Mar 2024

Hey everyone! Love this topic! I've been experimenting with DIY soundproofing in my apartment, and I've found a few cool alternatives to egg cartons. One thing that worked surprisingly well for me was hanging heavy curtains or drapes on the walls. They not only block out light but also absorb sound, making the room much quieter. Another idea is to use furniture strategically – like bookshelves filled with books or even thick rugs on the floor can help dampen noise. And if you're feeling crafty, you can try making your own acoustic panels using foam insulation boards covered in fabric. It's all about getting creative and finding what works best for your space!

Comment

• PatJones
      • Jan 2024

One trick I've tried is hanging heavy bookshelves filled with books – they act as a natural sound barrier and add some stylish decor to your space. You can also try adding layers of insulation inside walls or ceilings for extra soundproofing power. It's all about finding what works best for your budget and space!

Comment

• littlemermaid
        • Mar 2024

I feel you on wanting to go beyond the egg carton route. One thing I've tried that worked pretty well is using heavy curtains or drapes. They can help absorb sound and add a bit of style to your space too. Another cool trick is using acoustic panels made from materials like foam or cork. You can even make your own with some DIY skills and materials from the hardware store. Oh, and don't forget about furniture! Plush rugs, upholstered furniture, and bookshelves filled with books can all help dampen sound. Get creative and experiment with different options to find what works best for your space. Together, we'll conquer the noise! 🤫

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎