Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Tips for Safely Removing Old Wallpaper Before Painting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eilegna
    • Jan 2024

Any Tips for Safely Removing Old Wallpaper Before Painting?

Hello everyone,
    I'm stucked here and I need help, Planning to paint and add some decoration in my room today, I removed some of the old wallpaper sticker using hot water and scrapping it with a putty knife but it takes me forever to do it haha.Is there's any tips how will I do it faster?
  • Dvalin
    • Jan 2024

Hey! Been there, wallpaper removal sucks. Mix fabric softener with hot water, spray it on, let it soak, then scrape with putty knife. Good luck with the room makeover! 🎨🔧

Comment

• MLouise
      • Jan 2024

Hey! Removing old wallpaper? Score it lightly, apply a mixture of water and vinegar, let it soak, then peel gently. A putty knife helps too. Safety first—consider a mask for dust. Good luck with your painting project! 🤗

Comment

• Buttercup
        • Jan 2024

Hey! If things get tricky, consider using a wallpaper steamer. It works like magic, turning the adhesive into a friendlier and peelable consistency💖

Comment

• Duedith C.
          • Jan 2024

Hi there! I would suggest using 3M's General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. This product works like magic when I am in the mood for a change of paint in my house. It makes my life so much easier! You should give it a try!
          ​

Comment

• maica17
            • Jan 2024

Oh man, been there with the wallpaper struggle! 😅 Try mixing some fabric softener with hot water in a spray bottle – like 1:1 ratio. Spray that on the wallpaper, let it soak for a bit, and then peel it off. It's like magic, seriously! Saves you from the endless scraping. Good luck with your room makeover! 🎨✨ #DIYHelp

Comment

• PatJones
              • Jan 2024

When removing old wallpaper before painting, try using a wallpaper steamer. It makes the process easier by softening the adhesive, allowing you to peel off the wallpaper more smoothly. Start in a small section, hold the steamer against the wallpaper, and peel it away. Be cautious not to damage the wall surface. It's my preferred method as it's efficient and minimizes the hassle.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎