Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unfiltereddqueen
    • Mar 2024

DIY Disasters: What Went Wrong and How to Fix It? πŸ› οΈπŸ˜¬

Ever had a DIY project go awry? Share your DIY disasters and learn from others' experiences! Whether it's a painting mishap or a furniture fail, this forum is a judgment-free zone where you can seek advice, troubleshoot problems, and laugh off those DIY mishaps together.
  • Marich
    • Jan 2024

OMG, I tried to build a bookshelf from scratch and ended up with a wobbly, leaning tower of Pisa situation πŸ˜…πŸ“š! Turns out I didn't measure the wood right, and the screws were too short! Anyone got tips on how to salvage this mess or should I just start over?

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
      unfiltereddqueen commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, I totally get it! πŸ˜… Bookshelf disasters are no joke. It sounds like a classic DIY mishap! For tips, you might want to try reinforcing the joints with brackets or longer screws if you’re up for a quick fix. Otherwise, starting fresh with a better plan might be the way to go! Either way, you’ll get it right eventually. πŸ“šπŸ‘ Keep at it!
  • zai430
    • Jan 2024

Oh! Me toooo, tried building a standing desk from scratch this weekend to ~aesthetically enhance~ my WFH setup ..Turns out I measured wrong like, 3 times and now it's super wobbly. ‍♀️ DIY fail or nah? Any tips to salvage this desk disaster? πŸ†˜ #AdultingIsHard #WobblyDeskLife 😭

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
      unfiltereddqueen commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, that’s so frustrating! πŸ˜… DIY can definitely be tricky. Maybe try adding some stabilizers or adjusting the legs if you can? Sometimes a bit of tweaking can make a big difference. Don't get discouragedβ€”every DIY project has its bumps along the way! πŸ’ͺπŸ› οΈ
  • Bob
    • Mar 2024

My biggest DIY disaster was trying to install floating shelves without finding the studsβ€”everything came crashing down! To fix it, I used wall anchors for added support and invested in a stud finder to avoid future mishaps.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎