Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Painting Techniques: Adding Texture and Depth to Your Walls?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moricalliope
    • Mar 2024

DIY Painting Techniques: Adding Texture and Depth to Your Walls?

Hi there, artists! Painting techniques give opportunity to add texture and visual appeal to your walls beyond simple brush strokes. Which do you like for do-it-yourself painting techniques, including rag rolling, stippling, and sponging, and how do you get such amazing results? Together, let's impart our knowledge and encourage one another to try out unique painting techniques at home!
  • aeri.wish
    • Jan 2024

Stippling is my fave for a subtle texture! ✨ Use a stiff brush and lightly dab it on the paint and it gives the walls a cool, almost speckled look. Super easy for beginners and adds some depth without going overboard 🤩

Comment

• Monggi
      • Mar 2024

I think using a sponge roller adds great texture. You can layer different colors for more depth though 🎨

Comment

• Chocomucho
        • Mar 2024

I love experimenting with DIY painting techniques. Personally, I've had good results with rag rolling for a textured look and stippling for a bit of depth.

Comment

• Ui Ui
          • Apr 2024

Hey! I’m a huge fan of rag rolling for adding depth—just love how it creates that textured, almost vintage look! 🌟 For best results, make sure your base coat is completely dry and experiment with different fabrics for rolling. Happy painting! 🎨

Comment

• Sandy
            • Jan 2024

To add texture and depth to your walls through DIY painting techniques, consider using methods like sponge painting for a soft, mottled effect, rag rolling for a textured finish, stenciling to create patterns, or color washing for a subtle, layered look, ensuring to practice on a small area first for desired results.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎