Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aoriri
    • Mar 2024

DIY Disaster Relief: Common Painting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them? 🚧

Paint with confidence! What are the most common painting pitfalls, and how can we steer clear of them? Let's share our experiences and insights to help fellow DIYers avoid disasters and achieve professional-looking results! ⚠️🎨
  • aeri.wish
    • Jan 2024

Brushing too much paint at once is my messy kryptonite! β€πŸ˜« Leaves you with drips and uneven coverage. Less is more, people! Slow and steady wins the paint race 😁

Comment

• Prel
      Prel commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally feel you on that! 🎨 I’ve had my share of drippy disasters too. Taking it slow really makes a difference, plus it’s kinda zen! πŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈβœ¨ Keep calm and brush on! πŸ˜ŠπŸš€
  • caroline9
    • Mar 2024

It’s tempting to jump straight into painting, but taking the time to properly clean and prime your surfaces makes a huge difference. I once skipped this step and ended up with peeling paint! πŸ™‚βœ¨πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ

Comment

• Bob
      • Mar 2024

Skipping proper surface prep is a recipe for disaster! Clean the walls, sand them lightly, and patch any holes for a smooth, even finish.

Comment

• Chocomucho
        • Mar 2024

One mistake I made early on was not taping off edges properly. Take your time with the painter's tape, it'll save you a lot of headaches later. Another one is skimping on paint quality. Cheap paint can be streaky and require more coats, so it’s worth spending a bit more on good stuff.​

Comment

• bryanjay1999
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Bob
          Skipping proper surface prep is a recipe for disaster! Clean the walls, sand them lightly, and patch any holes for a smooth, even finish.
          I've definitely been there, skipped priming once... peeling paint disaster! 😩 Learned my lesson the hard way. Now, I always prep like a pro! πŸ§ΉπŸ–ŒοΈ

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎