Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Open Shelving in Kitchens a Good Idea?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerful09
    • Jan 2024

Is Open Shelving in Kitchens a Good Idea?

Hey kitchen enthusiasts! I'm thinking of redesigning my kitchen and taking the open shelving trend into consideration. What open shelving experiences do you have? Does it make things more accessible or does it make cleaning more difficult?
  • eilegnaa
    • Jan 2024

I tried it using open shelving last year, and gotta say, it's got pros and cons. Looks real nice, makes the space feel open, but dust is the enemy. Also, gotta be organized 'cause everything's out there for the world to see. But overall, I like it – gives a modern vibe to my kitchen. 🔪

Comment

• Duedith C.
      • Jan 2024

Hi! I prefer open shelving to the traditional closed cabinets or drawers, as it is easy to access and I just love how your items are visible so that you can arrange and organize them like in the supermarket!

Comment

• Sandy
        • Jan 2024

It depends on personal preference and organizational habits. Open shelving can provide a modern and spacious look but requires regular tidiness to maintain aesthetics 😉😉😉

Comment

• jhoannabuenafe
          • Jan 2024

Hey kitchen dreamers! I hopped on the open shelving train, and it's been a game-changer for accessibility. Having everything in sight makes cooking a breeze! Cleaning-wise, it's a bit more maintenance, but the aesthetic payoff is worth it. Anyone else have open shelving stories to share? Let's dish! 🍽️ #KitchenRedesignTalk

Comment

• iriz1116
            • Jan 2024

I totally get the open shelving dilemma. I took the plunge a while back, and it's been a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, it gives the kitchen a breezy, contemporary vibe, but yeah, the dust does like to make surprise appearances.

Organization is key, and I've learned to embrace the art of stylishly arranging my pots and pans. It's a bit of extra effort, but the visibility does make it feel like my kitchen has its own Instagram account sometimes. 😄

One unexpected bonus – it motivated me to declutter and only keep the essentials on display, which strangely feels liberating. So, it's a love-hate relationship, but overall, I'm leaning more towards the love side. Lol! 😅

Comment

• fab_charms
              • Jan 2024

Hey kitchen peeps! 🍽️ I tried open shelving last year, gotta say, it's a mixed bag! 😅 Looks amazing, no doubt. Easy access to stuff you use a lot. But real talk – dust is the enemy! 🌬️ Cleaning is like a weekly battle now. 😩 Anyone got tips to keep the dust away? Or is it just me? Share your shelf wisdom! 🤔 #KitchenDilemmas​

Comment

• Kitkit
                • Jan 2024

Hello kitchen pal! 🍽️ Embraced open shelving last year, and honestly, it's been a game-changer – easy access to essentials, but yeah, more dusting. Yet, the aesthetic payoff is worth it! ✨🧹 I hope this gives you some insights into the open shelving world!

Comment

• Riri
                  • Jan 2024

Totally! Open shelving adds a dash of kitchen charm. It's like turning my everyday dishes into decorative treasures. How about you what's your take on open shelving in kitchens? 🍽️🌿✨

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎