Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kim_taehyung88
    • Jan 2024

The Art of Seasoning: Tips for Maintaining Cast Iron Cookware

I think it's important to regularly bake your cast iron in the oven to maintain the seasoning. I usually coat it lightly with oil and bake it upside down at 400°F for about an hour. Just remember to put a sheet underneath to catch any drips! 🍳
  • Monggi
    • Mar 2024

I think seasoning cast iron is all about consistency. After cooking, I always clean it with hot water, dry it thoroughly, then rub it with a thin layer of oil. Regular use helps too. 🥘

Comment

• Beatmaster
      • Mar 2024

Hey, great tips! 👍 I do something similar with my cast iron. I like to use flaxseed oil for seasoning because it creates a really nice, hard layer. After coating it, I also bake it at 400°F but for 45 minutes to an hour. And yes, definitely put that sheet underneath! Makes cleanup so much easier. 🍳🔥

Comment

• Trax
        • Mar 2024

To maintain cast iron cookware, always dry it thoroughly after washing to prevent rusting, and regularly season it with a thin layer of oil to maintain its non-stick surface. 🍳 Avoid using soap or abrasive cleaners that can strip away the seasoning layer. 🔪

Comment

• DonCatter
          • Apr 2024

Hey there! Seasoning cast iron cookware is key to keeping it in top shape. Start by scrubbing with hot water and a brush—no soap! Dry it completely, then rub with a thin layer of oil (like vegetable or flaxseed) inside and out. Bake upside down in the oven for an hour at 350°F (175°C). Repeat for a glossy, non-stick finish. Happy cooking!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎