Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cast Iron Care: How do I properly season and maintain cast iron cookware?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroline9
    • Mar 2024

Cast Iron Care: How do I properly season and maintain cast iron cookware?

Cast iron cookware is prized for its durability and versatility, but proper care is essential for longevity. What are the steps for seasoning and maintaining cast iron pans to keep them in top condition? Let's share our cast iron care tips and tricks!​
  • random_user1
    • Apr 2024

I've been using cast iron for ages. Trust me, seasoning is the secret sauce. Rub some oil all over, bake it, and voila! Just remember, no soap. 😊

Comment

• Kennethn
      • Jan 2024

To season cast iron, coat it with a thin layer of vegetable oil and bake it upside down in a 350°F (175°C) oven for an hour. To maintain, clean with warm water and a stiff brush, avoiding soap, and dry immediately. Periodically re-season to keep it non-stick and rust-free!

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
        • Mar 2024

Cast iron cookware is amazing but needs a little TLC! To season it, start by scrubbing with hot, soapy water to remove any factory coating. Then, dry thoroughly and rub with a thin layer of vegetable oil or shortening—inside and out! Pop it in the oven upside-down at 375°F for an hour to let it bake in. After, let it cool and wipe off any excess oil. To maintain, avoid soap and always dry it promptly to prevent rust. A little upkeep keeps it cooking like a champ!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎