Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to store fruits and vegetables to extend their shelf life?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tanley
    • Mar 2024

What's the best way to store fruits and vegetables to extend their shelf life?

Hey produce protectors! 🥦 I'm tired of my fruits and veggies going bad too quickly. Any tips for storing produce to keep them fresh longer, from proper ventilation to ideal humidity levels?
  • PatJones
    • Jan 2024

For onions, garlic, and potatoes, I keep them in a cool, dark place like a pantry or cupboard, away from moisture and sunlight. And if I have any herbs like cilantro or parsley, I trim the stems, place them in a glass of water, and cover them loosely with a plastic bag in the fridge.

For most fruits, like apples and oranges, I keep them in the fridge to slow down ripening. Veggies like carrots and celery stay crisp in a container of water in the fridge.​

Comment

• Kennethn
      • Jan 2024

For most fruits and veggies, the fridge is your friend! Keep them in the crisper drawer, and remember, some like it cold (apples, berries), while others prefer room temp (tomatoes, bananas). And keep 'em separated to prevent them from ripening too quickly! 🍎🥦

Comment

• joshyytree09
        • Mar 2024

Keep those fruits and veggies fresh for longer! 🍎🥦 Opt for breathable storage like mesh bags or perforated containers to maintain airflow. Store produce like apples and potatoes away from each other to prevent premature ripening. And don't forget to remove any spoiled pieces to avoid spreading!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎