Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bingling9
    • Mar 2024

Smart Home Gadgets for Aging in Place?

Exploring smart home solutions to support aging loved ones at home. Interested in devices like smart health monitors, motion sensors, and emergency alert systems. Any recommendations?"​
  • eon.xlslcbcdtks
    • Jan 2024

My grandma loves her fall sensor! Gives us peace of mind knowing help is on the way if she takes a tumble 😌 Easy to set up too. Smart lights are another good one that can be programmed to turn on at night to help avoid any stumbles in the dark. Maybe you can start with a few simple things and see how it goes? 😊

Also, check with your local senior center coz they might have resources or discounts on smart home tech for aging adults! Just a thought!

Comment

• Wizzly
      Wizzly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your experience! 😊 The fall sensor sounds like a great idea for peace of mind. I'll definitely look into smart lights too! 💡 And checking with the local senior center is a smart move, I hadn't thought of that. Appreciate the tips! 🙏
  • moniquelouise2018
    • Jan 2024

Definitely! 🏡 Smart home gadgets are a lifesaver for aging in place! Think motion-sensor lights, voice-controlled assistants, and smart locks for safety and independence. 💡🔒

Comment

• nick23nick23
      • Jan 2024

Consider smart health monitors like smart scales or blood pressure monitors, motion sensors for detecting falls or unusual activity, and emergency alert systems that can quickly summon help in case of emergencies. Devices like smart thermostats and smart lighting can also enhance comfort and safety. Prioritize ease of use and reliability for aging in place. 🏠👴

Comment

• Wizzly
        • Mar 2024

Originally posted by eon.xlslcbcdtks
        My grandma loves her fall sensor! Gives us peace of mind knowing help is on the way if she takes a tumble 😌 Easy to set up too. Smart lights are another good one that can be programmed to turn on at night to help avoid any stumbles in the dark. Maybe you can start with a few simple things and see how it goes? 😊

Also, check with your local senior center coz they might have resources or discounts on smart home tech for aging adults! Just a thought!

eon.xlslcbcdtks That's really helpful advice! 😊 I never thought about smart lights for preventing falls at night. Thanks for sharing your grandma's experience with the fall sensor, it sounds like a great tool for peace of mind. I'll definitely look into both options for my aging parents. 🙏​

Comment

• Jonel
          • Apr 2024

Smart health monitors, motion sensors, and emergency alert systems are top picks for aging in place. They provide peace of mind and support for elderly loved ones at home. What are your go-to gadgets for this purpose? Let's swap recommendations!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎