Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Plugs: What's your favorite use case?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serene
    • Jan 2024

Smart Plugs: What's your favorite use case?

I just got my hands on some smart plugs and looking for creative ways to use them. What's your favorite smart plug hack or unique application? Excited to hear your ideas!
  • Marich
    • Jan 2024

Hey there! Have you ever heard of smart plugs? They are total game-changers! I personally use one for my morning routine - I plug my coffee maker and lights into it. The brew starts, the lights come on, and I wake up to a pseudo-sunrise. It's amazing! Plus, I have another one set up with a fan that turns off automatically - it gives me a bedtime breeze without having to get out of bed. It's a total lifesaver! Do you have any cool smart plug tricks that you use? I'm all ears! 🕹ī¸
    ​
    I found this tips from Storables, and they have tons of great ideas that can help you out with any home problems you might be facing. Check it out!

Comment

• bryanjay1999
      • Jan 2024

One cool way I use smart plugs is to schedule my coffee maker to start brewing right before I wake up, so I have a fresh cup ready. Another handy trick is to connect them to lamps for automatic lighting when I'm away, giving the impression someone's home. Finally, I use them to control holiday lights, making it easy to turn them on and off without hassle.

Comment

• eilegna
        • Jan 2024

I love using smart plugs for automating my lamps and other lighting fixtures. It's so convenient to set schedules for them to turn on and off, especially when I'm away from home. Plus, it's a great energy-saving trick! Can't wait to hear how others are using their smart plugs!
        ​

Comment

• kim_taehyung88
          • Jan 2024

Use the smart plug's app or voice commands (if compatible with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant) to control devices remotely. This ensures that you don't leave energy-consuming devices running when they're not needed.

Comment

• iriz1116
            • Jan 2024

One of my favorite ways to use smart plugs is for controlling my entertainment setup. I have my TV, sound system, and game console plugged into a smart plug, so with just a voice command or a tap on my phone, I can turn everything on or off seamlessly. It's especially handy for those lazy movie nights when I want to cozy up without getting off the couch. 😁

Comment

• youngoldone23
              • Jan 2024

Congrats on diving into the world of smart plugs – they're like the Swiss Army knife of home automation! One of my favorite tricks is turning a regular coffee maker into a smart one by plugging it into a smart plug. Schedule it to start brewing just as your morning alarm goes off, and voila – wake up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee! You can also transform your space into a smart sanctuary by connecting your essential oil diffuser to a smart plug, allowing you to schedule calming scents or turn it off remotely. These nifty gadgets are a game-changer for adding a touch of automation and convenience to everyday tasks. ☕🔌

Comment

• Denzel
                • Jan 2024

Oh, I've got to say, my favorite use case for smart plugs is probably turning regular appliances into smart ones. It's just so convenient! I love being able to control things like lamps, fans, or even my coffee maker with just a tap on my phone or a voice command to my smart assistant. It's like having a remote control for my whole house! Plus, I can set schedules or timers for when I want things to turn on or off, which is super handy for saving energy or just making sure things are ready when I need them. It's a small change, but it really adds a lot of convenience and flexibility to my daily routine. 😎🏠

Comment

• fab_charms
                  • Jan 2024

Smart plugs are awesome for automating all sorts of things around the house. One of my favorite ways to use them is with lamps - I can schedule them to turn on and off at specific times, which is great for home security and energy savings. I also use them for things like turning off my coffee maker or crockpot remotely, so I never have to worry about leaving appliances on when I'm not home. And don't forget about using them with fans or heaters to control the temperature in different rooms. The possibilities are endless with smart plugs!

Comment

• Davi
                    • Jan 2024

One favorite use case for smart plugs is automating lights to turn on and off at specific times, enhancing home security and energy efficiency.🔐👌đŸŧ

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎