Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xlr8
    • Apr 2024

How do you manage privacy with smart home devices? 🔒

Curious to know how you all handle privacy concerns with smart devices. Do you have tips or settings you swear by to keep your data secure?
  • eon.xlslcbcdtks
    • Jan 2024

Privacy check-up for smart home stuff is key! Disable unused features & update regularly. Feels a little safer 😊

Comment

• xlr8
      xlr8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing! Privacy check-ups are definitely important. Regular updates and disabling unused features are great practices
  • awzome404
    • Jan 2024

I've been using smart home devices for a while now. Best thing I do is regularly update the firmware and review app permissions. Also, I keep sensitive devices like cameras and microphones in separate networks from my main devices. 🔒

Comment

• xlr8
      xlr8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your strategies! Regular firmware updates and reviewing app permissions are definitely crucial steps. I guess separating sensitive devices onto a separate network is a smart move for added security hehe
  • sukuna_ace
    • Jan 2024

I think managing privacy with smart home devices is crucial in today's digital age. Though it can feel overwhelming, regularly updating device firmware, using strong and unique passwords, and reviewing privacy settings can help protect your personal information and secure your smart home. 🔒🏠

Comment

• xlr8
      xlr8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your tips on updating firmware, using strong passwords, and reviewing privacy settings are spot on. It's reassuring to know that these simple steps can go a long way in safeguarding our personal information and securing our smart homes. Thank you
  • Mui Mui
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by xlr8
    Curious to know how you all handle privacy concerns with smart devices. Do you have tips or settings you swear by to keep your data secure?
    Yo, for sure! I always double-check the privacy settings on my smart devices and stick to trusted brands to keep my data locked down. 🔒✅

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎