Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone integrated Alexa with non-Amazon devices?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAYT CHING
    • Jan 2024

Has anyone integrated Alexa with non-Amazon devices?

Hi There!! 've got a few non Amazon smart devices at home and wondering if anyone has had luck integrating these with Alexa. Any tips or tricks would be super helpful! Thanks!
  • Alfredn
    • Jan 2024

Absolutely! Tons of smart gadgets from lights to thermostats now play nice with Alexa, so you can voice-control just about anything in your home.

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I agree! Thanks!
  • Jonel
    • Apr 2024

Alexa with non-Amazon devices? Yes way! Works with smart home skills (like my Alexa-controlled thermostat) or a Broadlink remote for IR devices (older models, some setup).

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also considering those, just my concern is the budget! LOL
  • moniquelouise2018
    • Jan 2024

Hey! Totally! Alexa's all about that smart home life! You can totally integrate it with non-Amazon devices like smart plugs, bulbs, and thermostats. Just make sure they're compatible with Alexa, and you're good to go! It's like having your own tech-savvy sidekick at home! 😎

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah That would be the challenge for non techie like me LOL
  • Chocomucho
    • Mar 2024

Hey there! Yeah, I've managed to integrate some non-Amazon smart devices with Alexa. It's pretty cool once you get the hang of it! My advice would be to check if your devices are compatible with Alexa skills or if there's a third-party app that can bridge the gap. Sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error, but once you figure it out, it's smooth sailing. Good luck!

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I totally agree! Thanks for the very useful inputs you gave me
  • Daia
    • Jan 2024

Yes, many third-party devices and services have integrated Alexa functionality through the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) and Alexa Voice Service (AVS). This integration allows users to control non-Amazon devices and access third-party services using Alexa voice commands. Examples include smart home devices from companies like Philips Hue, Nest, and August, as well as various apps and services like Uber, Spotify, and Pandora. Integrating Alexa with non-Amazon devices has significantly expanded its capabilities and versatility in controlling various aspects of a smart home and accessing a wide range of services.

Comment

• JAYT CHING
      JAYT CHING commented
      Editing a comment
      That's nice top know making me more confident now on what I plan to use..Thanks!
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎