Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to fold and store bulky items like sweaters and hoodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Primrose08
    • Jan 2024

What's the best way to fold and store bulky items like sweaters and hoodies?

I have a lot of bulky sweaters and hoodies that take up a ton of space in my closet. How do you recommend folding and storing these items to save space and keep them organized?😊
  • byangskieee
    • Jan 2024

When dealing with bulky items like sweaters and hoodies, it's best to fold them in a way that minimizes creases and maximizes storage space. Here's a simple method to follow:

1. Lay the sweater flat on a clean surface, ensuring that it is smoothed out to remove any wrinkles.
    2. Fold one arm of the sweater across the back, making sure it lies flat and straight.
    3. Repeat the process with the other arm, overlapping it neatly on top of the first arm.
    4. Fold the bottom of the sweater up towards the neckline, creating a straight edge along the bottom.
    5. Fold the sweater in half vertically, bringing one side over to meet the other.
    6. You can then fold the sweater in half again if needed, depending on the size of your storage space.

Once folded, store your sweaters vertically in a drawer or on a shelf to make them easily accessible and prevent creasing. This method not only saves space but also keeps your sweaters organized and wrinkle-free.​ 🤗🤗

Comment

• aeri.wish
      • Jan 2024

Bulky sweaters got me stressed too! 😪 Here's what I do:
      • File fold: Like folding paper! Saves shelf space.
      • Rolling: Perfect for thick ones. Tight rolls save space, looser rolls prevent wrinkles.
      • Vacuum bags (optional): Great for off-season storage, but pack clean & dry sweaters to avoid mildew!
      Got those hacks on this read >> How To Organize Sweaters In Closet 😊
      ​

Comment

• awzome404
        • Jan 2024

I used to struggle with this too! What I found helpful is to fold them in thirds vertically and then roll them up horizontally... it saves so much space and keeps everything neat and tidy. 🧥👕 Plus, you can easily see what you have without rummaging through piles of clothes. 🔄

Comment

• fab_charms
          • Jan 2024

I feel you on the struggle with bulky sweaters taking up all the space in the closet. What I usually do is fold them in thirds, kinda like you would with a t-shirt, and then stack them vertically instead of horizontally. This way, you can see all your sweaters at a glance without having to dig through a big pile. Another trick is to use shelf dividers or hanging shelves to create more vertical storage space in your closet. And if you've got some extra room under your bed, you can use storage bins or vacuum-sealed bags to stash away off-season sweaters and hoodies. Hope that helps you save some space!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎