Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick23nick23
    • Jan 2024

Plumbing DIY?

How do you deal with a constantly running toilet? It's annoying, and I'm ready to tackle the issue head-on. Any step-by-step advice?
  • aeri.wish
    • Jan 2024

Hey there! Dealing with a running toilet can be frustrating, but don't worry, you got this! đź‘Š First, try jiggling the handle to see if that stops the running. If not, you might need to adjust or replace the flapper valve inside the tank. Just make sure to turn off the water supply before you start working.

If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, calling a plumber is always a good option. 👨‍🔧💯

Comment

• PatJones
      • Jan 2024

Oh man, I feel your pain! So, the trick I've learned is to check the flapper in the tank – it's that rubber thingy at the bottom. Sometimes it gets wonky and doesn't seal right. If it's not that, try adjusting the float. Just a little tweak can work wonders. Saved me from that constant toilet symphony. Good luck!

Comment

• Kennethn
        • Jan 2024

Ready to tame the toilet beast?
        Let's fix that running toilet with the "Flush-it Fixer" method!
        First, pop the lid off the tank and take a peek inside. Adjust the float arm or flapper chain if they're out of whack.
        If that doesn't do the trick, try giving the flush valve or flapper a good cleaning—sometimes they just need a spa day!
        And if all else fails, don your DIY cape and replace the flapper or fill valve like a plumbing pro. Soon enough, your toilet will be back to its silent, non-running glory!

Comment

• bryanjay1999
          • Jan 2024

Dealing with a constantly running toilet can be frustrating. First, I'd suggest checking the flapper valve and the flush handle to ensure they're properly functioning and not stuck. Sometimes, adjusting the chain length or replacing worn-out parts can do the trick. If that doesn't work, it might be worth checking the water level in the tank or even calling in a professional plumber for a thorough inspection.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎