Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tusk
    • Apr 2024

What's the best diet for a senior cat? 🐱

Hi everyone! My tabby is turning 11 this year, and I've read that older cats need different nutrition. Any advice on what's worked for your senior kitties? Looking for both brand recommendations and homemade tips!
  • zai430
    • Jan 2024

Switched my old man (turning 12!) to senior food a while back 😁 He seems to like the Purina Pro Plan for seniors since it's smaller kibble so easier to chew, and it has more protein to keep his muscles strong 💪😺 Heard good things about Royal Canin senior too! But chatting with your vet is always a good idea as they can recommend the best diet based on your cat's specific needs 😊

Comment

• Mui Mui
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tusk
      Hi everyone! My tabby is turning 11 this year, and I've read that older cats need different nutrition. Any advice on what's worked for your senior kitties? Looking for both brand recommendations and homemade tips!
      Oh, congrats on your tabby hitting the double digits! Mine's a senior too, and I've found that a mix of high-quality wet food and some supplements like omega-3 really keeps her spry. Good luck! 🐾

Comment

• moniquelouise2018
        • Jan 2024

When it comes to our furry friends, nutrition is key! 🌟 For senior cats, a diet rich in protein and low in phosphorus is usually recommended. Look for specially formulated senior cat foods that support joint health and provide essential nutrients. 🍽️ And of course, plenty of fresh water is a must! 💧

Comment

• Monggi
          • Mar 2024

Hey! I think it's wise to consult with a vet 🐾 before changing a senior cat's diet. They can give tailored advice based on your cat's health 😺.​

Comment

• youngoldone23
            • Jan 2024

As cats age, their nutritional needs may change, so it's essential to choose a diet tailored to senior cats. Look for cat foods specifically formulated for older cats, which often contain lower calories, higher protein, and joint-supporting ingredients like glucosamine and chondroitin. Brands like Royal Canin, Hill's Science Diet, and Purina Pro Plan offer quality options for senior cats. Additionally, you can supplement your cat's diet with occasional treats of cooked chicken or fish for added protein and variety! 🐱🍽️

Comment

• Daia
              • Jan 2024

The best diet for a senior cat typically involves a balance of high-quality protein, controlled fat content, and essential nutrients to support their aging needs, such as joint health and immune function; consider transitioning to senior-specific cat food formulated for older cats, and consult with your veterinarian for personalized dietary recommendations based on your cat's health status and specific needs 🐱🍽️.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎