Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
    • Mar 2024

Can outdoor lighting deter wildlife or does it attract them? 🦊🌲

Curious about this... I've noticed more critters around since I installed my new backyard lights. What's your experience with wildlife and outdoor lighting?
  • ғʀɪᴇʀᴇɴ
    • Apr 2024

Interesting question! From my experience, some wildlife gets curious and drawn to the lights, especially bugs and the critters that feed on them, but other animals might steer clear because they're more cautious. 🦉✨

Comment

• 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
      • Mar 2024

Originally posted by ғʀɪᴇʀᴇɴ
      Interesting question! From my experience, some wildlife gets curious and drawn to the lights, especially bugs and the critters that feed on them, but other animals might steer clear because they're more cautious. 🦉✨
      Hey, thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, totally, some critters get all fascinated by the lights and bugs swarm in, while others are like "nope" and stay away. It's pretty wild!

Comment

• Davi
        • Jan 2024

Outdoor lighting can both deter and attract wildlife depending on factors like intensity and timing; while bright lights may startle or deter some animals, softer or motion-activated lighting might attract insects and smaller creatures, potentially attracting predators higher up the food chain. 🦊🌲💡

Comment

• unfiltereddqueen
          • Mar 2024

It's a bit of a balancing act! 🤔 Outdoor lighting can help deter some wildlife, like raccoons or coyotes, by making them feel exposed. But on the flip side, it can attract insects, which in turn might attract critters like bats or frogs looking for a snack. Finding the right balance with motion sensor lights or using softer, downward-facing fixtures can help minimize unwanted guests while still lighting up your outdoor space. What's been your experience with outdoor lighting and wildlife? 🦊

Comment

• 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
            • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Davi
            Outdoor lighting can both deter and attract wildlife depending on factors like intensity and timing; while bright lights may startle or deter some animals, softer or motion-activated lighting might attract insects and smaller creatures, potentially attracting predators higher up the food chain. 🦊🌲💡
            Totally! Your insight is spot on! It's crazy how outdoor lighting can mess with the whole ecosystem. Thanks for the heads up! 🌟

Comment

• 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
              • Mar 2024

Originally posted by unfiltereddqueen
              It's a bit of a balancing act! 🤔 Outdoor lighting can help deter some wildlife, like raccoons or coyotes, by making them feel exposed. But on the flip side, it can attract insects, which in turn might attract critters like bats or frogs looking for a snack. Finding the right balance with motion sensor lights or using softer, downward-facing fixtures can help minimize unwanted guests while still lighting up your outdoor space. What's been your experience with outdoor lighting and wildlife? 🦊
              Oh yeah, finding that sweet spot with outdoor lighting is tricky! Motion sensors seem to do the trick, but man, those bugs just love any light, don't they? Thanks for the tips though, gonna give 'em a shot! Appreciate it! 🙌

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎